Sign in to follow this  

Please help with a Street Legal 2005 KDX220

I have no desire to ride my KDX on freeways and the like. It is not that fast anyway. But, I live in rural America and there are many times when I wish I could run a stretch of pavement to get from "here to there" and not worry about getting a ticket.

So, have any of you been successful at licensing your KDX? My 2005 KDX220 is "green" in California meaning that it meets emmisions standards and noise standards. It is stock and super quiet. Calif is the toughest on these two areas so, Oregon should be pleased.

So, with all of the mirrors, DOT tires, lights, horn and other stuff, why would there be a beef about licensing a new bike with all the right equipment?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, is there any follow up to the thread below? Since it is a year old, is it still real!

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266896&page=1&pp=40&highlight=street+legal

Ken

I have no desire to ride my KDX on freeways and the like. It is not that fast anyway. But, I live in rural America and there are many times when I wish I could run a stretch of pavement to get from "here to there" and not worry about getting a ticket.

So, have any of you been successful at licensing your KDX? My 2005 KDX220 is "green" in California meaning that it meets emmisions standards and noise standards. It is stock and super quiet. Calif is the toughest on these two areas so, Oregon should be pleased.

So, with all of the mirrors, DOT tires, lights, horn and other stuff, why would there be a beef about licensing a new bike with all the right equipment?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, is there any follow up to the thread below? Since it is a year old, is it still real!

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266896&page=1&pp=40&highlight=street+legal

Ken

Here in New Hampshire it's fairly easy to register a dirt bike for the road. The only restriction is you can't take them on highways. When I registered my WR250F, I added all the necessary DOT stuff. Dual sport tires, a functioning rear brake light system, and mirrors, and a horn. After I did this you need to have a dealer inspect your bike, and they write a letter saying its good, then you register. NH is really relaxed on the rules for doing this so it's easy. I tried doing it in MA, and what a cluster F%$k red tape nightmare!!!! So all states will be different, and I have no idea how strict California is, but it can be done. Good luck,