Sign in to follow this  

Jump Question? Rear Tire Goes Right.

How about some help TT members. I have had some trouble recently with my jumping and cant figure out why. I searched the Gary Semics Threads and did not see anything comparitively. My rear tire always goes to the right when i take off. My rear tire is aligned perfectly, and my tire is evenly worn. It has caused me to become somewhat gun-shy of making large jumps, and i have crashed hard because of it. I am now trying to lean the opposite way on the jump faces to overcome it, and i try and pay very close attention to my form. I just cant figure it out. Maybe if someone videos me i might be able to see my problem. Any ideas on what is going on?

You may just naturally weight the left peg a little more than the right. Try to keep an even amount of weight on each peg and you may want to try slowing the rebound on the shock a couple clicks (turn clockwise) to see if that helps. If the rebound is set too fast it can kick the rear end around.

You may just naturally weight the left peg a little more than the right. Try to keep an even amount of weight on each peg and you may want to try slowing the rebound on the shock a couple clicks (turn clockwise) to see if that helps. If the rebound is set too fast it can kick the rear end around.

This could be true, but it seems alot of people have this problem. The bike always goes to the right and never left.

This could be true, but it seems alot of people have this problem. The bike always goes to the right and never left.

The shock may just unload and kick the bike that way due to the lack of chain drag on the right side or some wierd crap like that, who knows. :thumbsup: Slow the rebound and see if it helps.

it's possible that you are dumping the throttle on take off. my back end was kicking out a touch to the right and my buddy told me to leave just a touch of throttle on and it straightened me out.

it's possible that you are dumping the throttle on take off. my back end was kicking out a touch to the right and my buddy told me to leave just a touch of throttle on and it straightened me out.

Nope, im steady off of the face or slightly accelerating, never chopping the gas, but i will pay close attention to that next ride as well a Redbeards advice on putting more weight onto the right peg. Maybe i am using more weight on the left somehow without knowing it. Good advice guys.

Make sure that you are also squeezing the bike between your legs as you leave the face of the jump to keep it from whipping out on you. :thumbsup:

If your bike is straight, then its your body posistion. Some bad habit you need to break.

If your bike is straight, then its your body posistion. Some bad habit you need to break.

Yep, i think your right. I am doing something without a concious effort, i just need to pin point it.

try going off smaller jumps untill u pin point what u are doing wrong or have a feel for what the bike is doing.It might just be a minor thing with your rebound or other settings

Nope, im steady off of the face or slightly accelerating, never chopping the gas, but i will pay close attention to that next ride as well a Redbeards advice on putting more weight onto the right peg. Maybe i am using more weight on the left somehow without knowing it. Good advice guys.

Are you pre loading properly? If you are, there shouldn't be hardly any weight on your pegs. :thumbsup:

Are you riding on a muddy track if so it will cause your tire to go either right or left depending on the weight shift at the end of the jump.

It happend to me also but only on rutted faces. It came close to disaster a couple of times and fear is slowing me down now. :thumbsup: