Sign in to follow this  

Anyone in Northern CA. looking to buy an 06 TE510?

I'm done with dirt biking (twisted my knee weeks ago on my WR450 and sold it but my knee still hurts) and I still have an 06 TE510 that I want to replace with a more street friendly commuter like a DR650. I live in Sacramento and was wondering how much you guys think the street legal 06 TE510 is worth?

Anyone want to trade an 06 DR650 for my TE510?

More details needed!

Miles? Bought street legal or made street legal? True condition? Accessories?

Are you serious? A DR650 for your 510, make sure you get some cash out of the deal as well.

I live in So. Cal and am thiking about selling my old XR400 and getting a Ca. Street Legal TE510. I can't afford to buy a new one ! What do you think you would want for it ?

More info please. Condition etc...
I have the clean California factory street legal title in my possession. The bike has only 680 miles on it and there is no noticeable scratches or wear (No boot rub) I only rode it off road twice so far and it is factory street legal. I paid $8,275 out the door for it in March. I put a JD jet kit in it along with a skid plate and radiator braces so I am into it for over $8,500. I checked the valves once after break in and again after 500 miles and they have not moved. It is a great bike (huge understatement) and if it doesn't sell for $7,500 I am going to keep it and buy the SM wheel set for it from Motoxotica for $850 and just ride it on the road and hope my knee heals so I can ride it in the dirt again.

I could trade you an 03 Honda 954RR with 1700 miles if your interested.

Adult owned and ridden, garaged its whole life, NOT a scratch, and FASTER than anyone needs to go!

Buy the Super moto wheel kit for it keep on riding it. Who wants to sell their new Husky if there is any other way not to!. With the price you need for her anyone would wait for an 07 anyhow. Get those wheels slapped on and start enjoying.

it is factory street legal. I paid $8,275 out the door for it in March. I put a JD jet kit in it along with a skid plate and radiator braces so I am into it for over $8,500. if it doesn't sell for $7,500 I am going to keep it and buy the SM wheel set for it from Motoxotica for $850 and just ride it on the road and hope my knee heals so I can ride it in the dirt again.

Just some input. I agree, you should keep it and ride it on the street using different wheels. Just last month a used 06 TE 510, Ca street legal, red and white plastics sold for around $6400 here in San Diego from another TTer. It was bought new the end of January/06 here in San Diego for approx $7900 OTD. Extra money for the plastics and other parts as well. I doubt you will get better than that with the new red and white 07s due to be released the end of August/ beginning of September time frame (hearsay). Just my two cents. Sorry to hear about your knee. Steny :thumbsup:

6400 is fair not cheap, you all have to remember, the new seller pays sales taxes aagain and eventually a new tag in less then 12 months depending on how old the 06 is.

if msrp for new is $7299, less a grand for pre-use, then $6299 is a going rate for a newley used bike in my view. I realize even $6500 is a full two grand less then what you have in the bike, but recognize you have to eat the sales taxes and some depreciation.

why would I pay even $7000 for a used bike, when a new one is 7299? if I still pay sales tax on both bikes

Start your price at $6700 and be prepared to bargin down from there.

For sure you won't get $7500. Maybe $6500, but even that would be a stretch. With new Huskies and street legal KTM's jsut around the corner you do not have a hot commodity. What you have is a nice used dirtbike.

Husqvarna has never been a brand with good resale value. I just watched a guy take about a $2K loss on a 2006 TE250 on eBay. His only had 320 miles on it. Here is the auction

I decided to keep it and swap out the rubber for some Pirelli scorpion tires then just ride it to work (15 miles on the freeway at 40 mph or less when going in between cars) till my knee heals.

Thanx y'all