Sign in to follow this  

does walmart sell good 2 stroke oil???

The reason I ask is I just bought a stock 2002 RM125 and it has about 1/4 gallon in it and I really want to ride it a lot today. The problem is the nearest dealer is like 40 miles away but walmart is about 5 miles away. Is there any brand of 2 stroke oil at walmart that i could put in my RM without hurting it just until I get to a dealer?

I don't know if it is good for it or not, but my buddy ran chainsaw oil in his for a quick fix one time and it didn't seem to hurt it.

I used to always run Castrol Super2 in all my 2 strokes.... it defiantly wont hurt your engine. The only downside to this oil is it burns more dirty than the expensive stuff. Not really a big deal but you will have to clean your power valves out more often. Other than that the stuff works real good.

bottom line is, NO

it is not designed for a motorcycle engine it can not meet the demands that a MX motor is going to make.

You will be fine. I ran the Walmart Super-Tech 2 stroke oil in my jet ski and outboards. If anything boating uses are harder on the engines. Endless wide open operation.

Is it as good as the premium MX oils, no. Will it work, yes.

You will be fine. I ran the Walmart Super-Tech 2 stroke oil in my jet ski and outboards. If anything boating uses are harder on the engines. Endless wide open operation.

Is it as good as the premium MX oils, no. Will it work, yes.

:thumbsup:

Oil brands in my mind is nothing short of snobbery. Yes some oils are better than others but that doesn't mean you can't use the others. your bike will not self destruct :ride: