Sign in to follow this  

medinapitster pro 17+ hp vinco gpx

They will probably show you this one.

th_153ccdyno2.jpg

It's the only one I have seen and it's from rkfinch23 here in NC.

I don't know anything about a Vinco head either(probably a big valve lifan head).

The head finch was using had some serious work done to it though and his other mods were pretty much the same.

Sure seems cheap for a motor w/ IRK, piston, cam, carbon cover, 26mm carb, polished cases, and worked over head.

i say it is true because over here in australia we run honda 125 cc upright engines in our junior solos and they have been bombed up with bigger valves, high comp pistons etc and they can get them to run 25 horsepower. its crazy what they ca get out of them

17HP huh? For under $2000? Funny isn't it, that Kyle Coens full BBR race bike only puts out 16.5 HP, and his bike is probably worth around $15,000. I'm calling these guys on that. There is no way they are selling 17HP engine. Heck, I'll bet they don't have one engine that puts out 13HP! Do any of you honestly know what it takes to get that many ponies out of an XR style engine? Takegawa's 124 Super Head only puts out about 14HP. And I can tell you it has better stuff than that Vinco engine.

Man.... some people and their wacko advertising ideas.... :thumbsup:

Coen's bike is putting out 16.5 at the rear wheel. This probably isn't 17 hp at the rear...right?

Its possible to build a motor cheaply that makes big HP. But it wont last. The real money gets spent on good cranks, rods and power transfer parts (clutches, gears, etc).

Its not impossible to get 17 hp out of a 150cc motor, but youve gotta twist the living shit out of it, and I doubt you could do it with an intake manifold with a damn 90 degree bend in it or a carb thats just short of rudementary.

On average those little motors make about .9 Hp per 10cc's if they're perfectly jetted. Do the math.

Ive been building thumpers for 30+ years. 17 horse out of anything short of 170cc is far fetched in that motor configuration.

Yo rkfinch. You speak the truth. Except for one thing, MY bike has been dynoed too. Extensively. I'm not going to post them on here because it will just start a dumb war, and I would advise you to do the same.

Like you, I wouldn't sell my HEAD for $1399. lol. Wow...once again I'm shocked they're claiming that.

I'd just like to inject a couple bits...

To date no one in the US has produced a pitbike motor with dyno data beating the Eurpoean tuners. : ) (20.5 rwhp / 12.25ft/lbs rw torque from a 148cc mill built by TJR out of Germany.)

We're still waiting on the updated dynos from RK though, he's been hinting at something big for awhile now, but won't drop the dang dyno! : )

And I believe all of DynoJet's motorcycle dynos can be floor OR trailer mount.

So, is Bigfoot holding onto the results from your current build? :thumbsup:

Until late last year, I don't believe you COULD purchase a TJR motor or parts in the US, they just recently setup a dealer here. That said, talking with riders in Europe, I can't find one who speaks poorly of TJR's work. For 50 motors, they have the highest output, dyno based that I can find, along with many people who have beat their motors for thousands of miles to speak for the motors' reliability, so yeah, I'm pretty sure there IS a TJR bandwagon, and you've not come close to convincing me to get off it.

Until multiple people have your builds and speak as highly of them, I'll consider them boutique one offs with no known long term testing. You've got a long ways to go until you prove yourself to me.

Meanwhile, your posting style isn't winning you any points with me either. I don't know what bruised your ego so badly that you've got to puff yourself up at the expense of any one else who might be trying to be helpful online, but I hope you'll eventually grow out of it, live up to your potential and be a valuable contributor to the hobby.

In the mean time, every time you beat your chest, and brag about your one motor with one dyno posted, I'll consider refuting with TJR's one motor and dyno. Fair is fair after all.

why don't you guys quit crying and post the dynos I don't see what is such a big secret on the dyno part if you figured out how to make big hp nobody is waching you build the motor or can see whats inside