07 KTMs...No Shows

Just got off the phone with my local KTM dealer checking on estimated arrival of the new 250 xc-fs, he said they are getting 1 XC in Aug., 2 XCs in Sept., and no XC-Ws until Nov, he also said the dealer show is later this month and they would know more...What are you guys seeing/hearing...

Hi there

I got my KTM 250 XCF - W last week, came with lights, i have removed this and replaced with a standard number board. Weighs 107 kg and has an electric start.

Took it for a test ride of 90km and the bike is great, feels light, handles great in the rocks and woods. Suspension soaks up all the rough stuff at high and low speed, turns very well and is great in the tight technical stuff.This bike feels like a 2t, so nimble and you can throw it around. Has great power for a 250, standard gearing is 13/52 and has a 6 speed gearbox. 1st gear is a little short for me so i will be putting a 50 or 51 rear sprocket on this will also help with the top speed of the bike.

Great bike buy one you wont be sorry

?

Amhurst Ohio is where most of the KTM's come from... There is a great picture on KTMTalk of their warehouse... go to KTMTalk and look in the general forum for something like "The line to get into Heaven" by Spidermans Bro... he is the former KTMNorth America's son and has access to nice perks... My guess is that all the new models will not be in abundance untill early/mid 2007, in which case the 2008's will be just around the corner, possibly with fuel injection on the late 2008 SX bikes... which means 2009 EXC-F bikes... which makes it hard to wait for a bike that will be obsolete in a year or two...

anyone seen the 07 KTM-SX/SXF's. someone almost had me talked into one then i saw them. i think they are straight up ugly.

Well it's probably going to be the best in class this year. Just don't drive be any mirrors and you'll never notice. But, I think they look cool.

PossibleNewGraphics.jpg

I like ktm's new styling and their forward thinking. It's not the same old thing with them. There is a model of bike for everyone. It makes it tough when purchasing though, too many choices.

Anyone that owns the new XCF-W could you give me a ride report. I currently ride red on the 250R model setup for woods. I would like a magic button model and was considering the 250X but now with the new XCF line from KTM I'm considering one of them. Plus found a dealer with 2 or more XCF's in stock I'm not sure if I want the XCF or XCF-W model. I'm on the east coast and not sure the wide ratio tranny would benefit me now if the suspension is plusher it would be nice to own the W then.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Danceswithtrees tried to send you a PM with opinions between your 04 X and the new 07 KTM but your PM box is over the limit. Hopefully you've had a chance to ride it.