Sign in to follow this  

woops at rausch on back track are gone

i dont know if i will ever go back ther i was there sunday the30 and stop to tell them watering the track does nothing and the little shit told me if i knew how to ride it wouldnt mater was they you SEalpinestar05

all i was trying to do is help you out cause some one is going to get hurt one of these days from how slippery the tracks are after you water them, also are you guy bussy this year cause i get there at 11 and left at 5 and there was only about 30 car and last year it was always packed

i know it hard work but you ignored it for so long that is why it so hard also i would ride the top track but im not a moto guy and the jump dont look that big but when the there is no safe spot in the landing and the back side are near vertical it not that safe,and are you sure it was you cause that it is the exact same think he said and it doesnt do shit look after you water it and watch the back tire of a bike or a quad same about of dust just way more risky

THose tracks get unbelievably NASTY slick when watered.

Personally, I still think the best thing to do is to soak the track, then dig it up. It wouldn't take that long. Water alone is not the answer and doens't do squat. The only reason watering stops the dust is because everyone stops riding until the water evaporates!

I'll hang with anyone there, and I still say it blows when watered.

In defense though - I know those quads like to blow each other back in the woods. Those things are the bane of motocross and absolutley RUIN tracks.

That natural track can be absolutely gorgeous Saturday at 11:00 am - and by 1:00 - it is sketchy.

Fortunately, I like the main track.

I can't think of any jump that I consider unsafe. I do believe the jumps are relatively well designed - the only problem I have with the jumps is the following hint on watering.....

STOP WATERING THE FACES OF JUMPS AND THE DOWNSLOPES!!!!!!! That is the WORST area to water for traction. You need all the traction you can get on take-offs and the landings. When wet, it is a very risky thing.

Those big plans for Rausch are probably the reason that watering system hasn't happened.

They are actually going through with those big plans though? Been talking about it for years...

What do you guys do on Mondays? The place is closed, and I'm usually up on every other Tuesday. You guys are working on the tracks, when It could be done on Monday. I ain't bitchin, but there is definitly work to be done on the main track. More dirt, and it needs to be disced and tilled in, and watered afterwards. I know what it takes to work on a track. I used to help out at the old Hideaway track(now doublin gap) years ago. I don't have a problem with it, just have to use common sense on hard packed slippery tracks. Are there quads on the main track also? Today it seemed like there were quads on it at one time, just buy the way some of the corners were, and buy the tire tracks, and it ain't you guys working riding around on the utility quads. Its fun to ride at, since I'm only 20 minutes away. I'll prolly be up on Sunday, so get the main track set up.

On discing - does the guy operating the discer and dozer know HOW to disc and till?

I was watching one time when it was being tilled up (Main track) and it looked good! THen, the blade of the dozer was lowered, and it was flattened out.

Why?

The best thing to do it LEAVE IT tilled and disced only. Don't pack it back down. You just defeated the purpose of discing it.

Discing it leaves alot of surface area, and allows the water to be taken. When it's flattened back out right after discing - you accomplished nothing. I can understand why it takes so much time to do a track up when that is done!

Serioulsy. Just disc it, and LEAVE IT! Let us bikes make ruts and berms and flatten it out. Quad track, I can see you flattening out the corners, but still....

WHen it's nice on Saturday morning....you can tell it was tilled, but it still, looks like someone came along with the dozer and flattened it back out. I am telling you, that is the WORST thing you can do.