Sign in to follow this  

which would be the best choice?

Ok, i'm debating on getting the crf 150 or the crf 230 i'm 14yrs.old 5'8 210 lbs. and have 8 years of riding expeirence. please help i'm ready for a new bike. thanks,kody kelly

with 8 years experience and at 210 lbs i suggest you look at a 250x or 450x.

yea but, i was kinda looking at buying a brand new one and thats why i was looking at those bikes, and i can't spend 6 grand a 250x. or if anyone has something for sale let me know

are they any good for jumping??

NO!

IMHO, find a late model used XR250 - better suspension, motor, has a headlight, etc. The XR250 was basically the same from 96-04 and you can find some smokin deals if you look.

I think they are great for jumping!

(just not so good for landing :ride: )

Seriously,

There are some great deals on the xr250-saw one today on craigslist that was a 2000 model with only 10 hours use and looks MINT for $2800 or offer!

Either that or get a used but fresh 250 MX and get it over with!! :thumbsup:

Good Luck

With that much riding experience and being that big, I would recomend a used cr250. You can get a really nice one for about 2500

are they good for jumpnig...hahah..thats a joke...dont kid urself...get a freakin cr125 or somethin their only $5499

2002 cr125's run about 1200. And they are very nice bikes for that price

I'm 5'10" and 210, owned a 230 since '03.

Nice, but I'm going to get an '06 KDX 200.

and for "$5400" u can get a nice used 250X/R

I dont know what your trying to say but, I brought that up because you can get a way better bike for way cheaper :thumbsup:

the CR125 is designed for light weight riders. not over 140-150 maxx. so a cr125 woudl be horriable for you.

Guys I have a 1996 CR125R and a 2005 CRF230F I prefer my 230 in the woods on hills and loose ground and I prefer my CR125 for the track like burms, whoops, doubles, triples, tabletops, step downs, step ups, and wholeshots I have to say the CR125 is better on the track but if you read my thread from a few days ago I reaced my 230 in a AMA race against 85 2-smokes and i got got 2nd place it wasn't really as bad as I thought it would be I just avoided the triple and the rest i jumped and got second so it's not the bike it's the rider.

Ok, i'm debating on getting the crf 150 or the crf 230 i'm 14yrs.old 5'8 210 lbs. and have 8 years of riding expeirence. please help i'm ready for a new bike. thanks,kody kelly

DUDE, Dude, dude... 14 years old and 210lbs?

PARK THE BIKE - I'll be your manager. There is this cool game called FOOTBALL. I can help you get dozens of those bikes, a car from UNIQUE WHIPS... LOL

Mike