Sign in to follow this  

VDR Berthoud Hare Scramble Schedule?

We Should Have A Schedule Out This Aug. Or Early Sept. For The Most Part We Start Our Races In Oct Then 1 A Month Till March....

We should do that two rider race that we talked about. For fun at the end of the season. I think that one more race would be really cool. You can't beat 7 miles of prepped track

Thanks Pete. I say the more races the better!! I look forward to those races all year. So what is this two rider race thing??? Is it like an endurance team race?? I would be game for just about anything :thumbsup:

From what Pete told me a while ago he did a four hour team race where two riders would ride the same bike for 30min at a time and then switch. I think that it would be a really cool idea. It would be pretty hard on the bikes to run that long for that hard because every 1/2 hour you get a fresh rider. Maybe it could be a team thing with two bike and two riders and you would have to hand off some sort of a sticker to signify the racing rider. I'm not sure how you could work out the logistics of the hand off but i think that with some thinking it could be done.

I could see doing like an abreviated version of the 24hr Glen Helen race. 3 man team, 1 bike, maybe like 9 or so hours???. That would put it at 3hrs per rider, a great amount for some serious monkey-butt :thumbsup:

I think it would be cool to just do a team race with a set time and whichever team can do the most laps wins. As for the hand off with different bikes, here in Vegas we do it where the person coming into the pits has to hit the rear wheel of his teammate with his front wheel before the next guy can go. I would love to do a race like this at Berthoud, if only I could find a teammate.

I think it would be cool to just do a team race with a set time and whichever team can do the most laps wins. As for the hand off with different bikes, here in Vegas we do it where the person coming into the pits has to hit the rear wheel of his teammate with his front wheel before the next guy can go. I would love to do a race like this at Berthoud, if only I could find a teammate.

I too need a team mate if this team thing happens. I'm not crazy fast but can hold my own. I did 8 laps last year in my best finish but could have got nine but didn't want to push it when I came in for fuel and took a 15min break.

Don't know about doing any 9 hour races, but I am looking forward to doing some of the hare scrambles.

Really bumed that I couldn't make it to Angle fire.

Yeah, I missed Angle Fire too, and I will miss the race in SD also :thumbsup: Thats why I'm looking so forward to the VDR series.