Sign in to follow this  

Back Break Pads

I could not tell a difference. Both lasted quite a while. Tusk's will go on next to see how they do.

Also, EBC are a little thicker and were a bear to get on.

If you're going the EBC route then (IMO) do NOT get the RED ones. I can't recall what they call the red painted ones, but they suck. Sure they last a long time but they barely work.

i noticed the best feel with stock but they wear out fast. I have ebc and they are tough but the rotor is wearing out fast. Also its tougher to drag the rear brake. it likes to lock up

I could not tell a difference. Both lasted quite a while. Tusk's will go on next to see how they do.

Also, EBC are a little thicker and were a bear to get on.

Tusks are pretty cheap, and come w/ the insulator/metal lining :thumbsup:

I will be testing the Tusk rotor this weekend(200 miles). Comes with a thickness of 4.3mm, oem serv limit is 3.5.

OEM made it 1900 miles, and was at 3.1 mm and warped.

Tusks are good, they last a long time but wear the rotor.

I recently switched to a Braking rotor and the Honda pads were wearing the rotor real fast so I switched to the Braking pads, and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse now.

Stock pads are tough to beat.

There's that key word. :cry:

Pennywise Pound foolish :ride: That is my motto. Skimp everywhere so you can piss it away on your motorcycle addiction. However, I do not go to the level of Bling Bling. I'll leave that to the true addicts. :thumbsup:

OEM are good pads , but if you want long lasting and good performance with boiling resistance go with Moose or DP pads. Moose have double ceramics on the back to further help with heat and boiling.

Well worth the money. Cheap pads usually only last half as long as good pads. I found the Moose / DP pads far outlast the others.

Cher'o,

Dwight