Sign in to follow this  

What size sprockets are you guys running?

On your 250 RMZ's I have the 48 tooth rear and rode my buddies kx250f and he has 50 tooth rear and it was a huge diference coming out of the hole and keeping the bike in its power curve at low end speeds. I am thinking of changing mine and wanted to know some other peoples opinions. :thumbsup:

THX

Brian

i run a 50t rear 13 t front for track with alot of jumps out of corners and not really long straights....but i run a 47 for a more wide open and faster track

I am with Nofear, kinda depends on the track layout, Run a 50 tooth on short/tight tracks and a 47-48 tooth on long open tracks. I have been running the later allot lately, hate to hit the big jumps after tight corners with a broke collar bone! I never change the front at 13.

i run a 50t rear 13 t front for track with alot of jumps out of corners and not really long straights....but i run a 47 for a more wide open and faster track

That is how our track is set up. It's tight with some pretty big doubles out of the corners with a nice rythem section at the back.

I run the 49 on the rear on tighter tracks and it seems good..Has anyone compared that to the 50?

I would like to try a 51 myself just to see how much difference it would make.

i keep stock gearing, i ride mx style tracks (glen helen alot), with long uphills, and straights, stock gearing seems to be pretty decent all around for a standard mx track,

i'll go up a tooth or 2 in the rear for a tighter track though...