Sign in to follow this  

New Mexico...wtf!

Hey NM riders, hows it out there right now with all the rain? I got a call from a friend that reports NVRP in soccoro is under water and the whole shop was flooded.

Hows riding right now, real tacky? Or soup?

I'm going to be back in NM on the 8th and wanted to know what it's look'n like. I never thought I'd here the words 'NM' and 'flood' in the same sentence.

The Jemez is as green as I have ever seen it, and I have lived in NM for nearly 30 years. Mushrooms everywhere...like a rain forest up there. Even the desert is green right now. The riding looked good too from the window of a Jeep. Nice and cool. It's not a quagmire because the ground is still soaking up the rain from an 8 month period of zero rain.

I ride in the desert areas and it is tough. Many trails are now huge ditches. Some are so deep they are not passable others are just a foot or too deep. If you are riding in the desert I recommend watching your speed; all this rain has made the terrain very unpredictable.

Rode Ft Sumner MX track on Sunday for a while. Man that soil was sweet until it started raining again. I talked to the guy that manages it and he was going to rent a bobcat and reface all the jumps.

You can't ride 50 feet with out running into a large wash out at mantissa. The trails are all green and hard to find. But the dirt is perfect. I love it.