Starters on MX bikes next year?

The 07 KTM 450 SX has one ? , so I guess the Japanese brands will have them next for 08. :ride:

Its going to be haaaaaaard as hell to sell a kicker 450 with the new bikes all having e-buttons. :ride:

Anyone thinking about getting rid of their kicker ride early?

I'm thinking that'll be the only way to get a decent resale price, anyone have any thoughts on this development? ?

For the average rider that get very tried trying to kick start their bike during a moto, magic button is the only way to go, EVERY pro race I have seen on TV or in person there was someone who would of benefited from e-start. Battery maintenance will be like adding/changing the oil in your four stroke.

The good news is that with lazy start and fuel injection being added to the existing cost of 4-stroke maintenance/repair, the overall cost of ownership will increase substantially.

Of course, that's only good news if you're a manufacturer.

For the average rider that get very tried trying to kick start their bike during a moto, magic button is the only way to go, EVERY pro race I have seen on TV or in person there was someone who would of benefited from e-start. Battery maintenance will be like adding/changing the oil in your four stroke.

Whole championships could be determined by who had the starter button.

Its coming, don't even worry about, as soon as its released the KTM will be the bike to have.

Imagine what it'll be like riding up to the gate, and just pushing the button at the 30 second board.. :ride:

And vroom you're off!

?

they wont put the BUTTON on MX bikes. it adds inwanted weight. Its good for trail bikes, but not mx.

You are wrong my friend, electric start has come to the MX world.

Heres the first shot of the revolution right here:

http://www.rubbermag.com/news/0604/060418_02n.html

Its the 2007 KTM 450 SX-F with electric starter. It took a 4th behind Everts already at the Spanish Grand Prix. This is one nice race bike!

they wont put the BUTTON on MX bikes. it adds inwanted weight. Its good for trail bikes, but not mx.

husky has had them on their mxbikes for a couple years but they stoped in 06..so theyve been around for awhile, but yes it is unwanted weight..so just get a 2-stroke ?