Sign in to follow this  

lost my keys

okay so...i'm at the bar and i reach in my pocket and think, oh man, i still have my motorcycle keys in my pocket from earlier today, good thing i found em now or else i'd be looking for them come monday when i gotta go to work. so of coarse i totally forget about it, then come monday when i gotta go to work i reach into the pocket of those pants and NO KEYS!!!. looked everywhere, can't find em. so now it's tuesday and i can't take not riding the bike anymore. what's the solution?? It's a 05 DRZ 400. Can I hot wire or what. I bought it used so i don't know about the key number. can i get one from calling the dealer with the vin# and my title or something?

I don't know about the dealer, but a TT member who's parting out has an ignition and a set of keys for sale here......

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130011109650&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

When you do get a key, I recommend you make at least 2 copies. I put one on a place hidden in the bike that only I know about. The other is at home.

Good luck

Ken

I've removed my ignition switch altogether. Just unplug the switch and make some jumpers. Mine are connected with a weather pac connecter.

10guy, did you wire in a switch to kill the power from the battery when you took off the switch?

When you do get a key, I recommend you make at least 2 copies. I put one on a place hidden in the bike that only I know about. The other is at home.

Ken

I do this with all my vehicles, just make sure its not obvious. Those magnetic car jkey things always have a picture of a key on them,

Its like saying, HERE STEAL MY CAR!

10guy, did you wire in a switch to kill the power from the battery when you took off the switch?

Right now I only have one switch pod. It is on the right bar and contains an on-off switch and a start button.

PICT0085.jpg