Sign in to follow this  

rmz 450 vibration

Just bought an 06 rmz 450...love the bike But I took my freinds 06 yz450 for a spin...It has tons more bottom end (which doesnt bother me because iam comming off a 250f) the yz feels as light as my old 250f also...but the biggest difference was the amount of engine vibration you can feel (through the bars) on the rmz compared to virtually none on the yz. My question is, does anyone know Why? Engine balance? Bars? Engine mounts, Bar mounts?

Get ride of those bars. Go to Pro Tapers and at least 50% of it will go away. The only time you will notice it is when it on the stand. When its's on the track you wont feel it at all. They will make the suspention feel more plush too!

yep i d have to agree with everything he said. Im pretty happy with the renthals though. I wouldnt want any more bottom end than what comes stock on my rmz. It has enough torque to pull out of any turn in third gear and enough top end not to have to shift. I dont notice the vibration on the track. I havent been on an aluminum framed machine that didnt vibrate though.

Yeah i notice that my 450 vibrates a lot too but when im riding i dont feel it i mean youre hitting bumps and everything all the time anyways.

It's a Yamaha...that's why. The '06 Yamaha's have close to no vibration at all, I love it...you really, honestly, will not know how great the bike is until you ride one. I rode a Honda, they have A LOT more vibration, I felt like I was on a 2-Stroke.