Sign in to follow this  

TTR 125 throttle prob.??

My neighbor has been having a problem with his TT-R. I'm Pretty good with bikes but I still cant figure it out. When ever you turn the handlebars hard right the bike will cut out and stall unless your revving the hell out of it. :thumbsup: We tried to see if any wires were being pinched or any cables but we didn't find any. I think it is somehow related to the throttle. Or any related parts. BTW if you turn the idle up it will not stall, but just bog out severely. But who wants to ride with it idling that high? Thanks for the help >DRZSuzook

maybe when he turns to the right its pulling the choke cable thats causing the choke to turn on. it happene to me the cable was caught on the frame thing that holds the cables to the frame. hope thos helps

Check and see if your throttle cable is adjusted too tight or if the cable is getting stuck on something when you turn the handlebars fast this would cause it to die when your letting it idle because if you jump on the throttle really quick it tends to want to die out too. If it is idling high it would also make it bog. Let me know if this fixes it.