Sign in to follow this  

hancock ny

Anyone going to hancock?

What are you riding?

Are you riding both days?

Which day is better?

Is it very difficult?

Any pointers if I want to ride both days?

What tires do you use ? rocks or mud

Anyone going to hancock?

What are you riding?

Are you riding both days?

Which day is better?

Is it very difficult?

Any pointers if I want to ride both days?

What tires do you use ? rocks or mud

Why wouldn't one go to Hancock? It's the best ride of the year.

Anyone with a brain rides both days.

Both days are about the same in quality, now.

The optional stuff can be difficult.

Trigger, you don't have time to change tires.

woo hoo.2 days to go,gotta do both days for sure .hope the DJ brings the show along :thumbsup:

Yes sir. Trying my hardest to unload my girls on someone so I can ride both days. Plenty of time to change tires, too, if you have them and you do it yourself. I'd go with an intermediate terrain tire as it's about 20% road / 80% trails. It's also been hotter than hell this week, so you'd be hard pressed to find any mud. The rain forecast for Friday should just keep the dust down. :thumbsup:

WR450 # 172

I would say it's one of the good rides but definately not the best.

Lots of shale rock and some pretty good hillclimbs but nothing crazy.

For the best ride (IMO) go to Noble Woods ride in Berwick, ME 8-13.

They have an enduro on Saturday and the turkey run (around 100 miles) is on Sunday.

It's an awesome ride and not too far up into Maine.

Why wouldn't one go to Hancock? It's the best ride of the year.

Anyone with a brain rides both days.

Both days are about the same in quality, now.

The optional stuff can be difficult.

Trigger, you don't have time to change tires.

Dont have time to change tire? it takes 20 minutes per...

WOOHOO... cant wait see you there Mattyboy

trig

thank you. it says i need an ama card which i dont have.is there anyway around this?my bike is legit xr650l with dot knobbies im a big guy and a decent rider can i make the hero sections?

I'll be there Sat evening to camp for Sunday. Couldn't do both days this year.

Note to squids.....DO NOT BOTTLE UP THE BIG UPHILL THIS YEAR! YOU WILL GET RUN OVER. :ride::thumbsup:

unbeliveable day.i only went sun i couldnt make it on sat.it was my first dual sport ride if you were there you probably seen us I was on a 650l and my buddy was on a ktm advuenture 640 we kinda stood out!I gotta go to more of these.

Excellent everything. I rode both days and have not a single complaint,.... except for my banged up shoulder. :thumbsup:

Any news on the guy who got airlifted on Sunday?

One of the guys he was riding with was parked next to us and he said the guy was pretty messed up. Went into one of those washed out sections of road, about a 5 foot drop at about 40-50 mph. Broken ribs, punctured lung and maybe fractured hip.

I was kinda dissapointed myself. Way too much road this year, unlike what they were promising.

Was it me, or did anyone else feel it was over too fast? I seem to remember getting back to the truck last year around 4pm or so. Got back Sunday around 2. I know we didn't skip any sections, other than the WEC extreme test section. No way was I going up AND DOWN that hill!

To make matter worse, one of our crew dumped it on the long uphill before the grass track, about 3 miles into Sunday's ride. Some of you might have seen him on the side as you came up. I helped him get going again, but his hip was badly bruised and possible 2 broken fingers. His throttle stuck going up the hill and he slammed into me. Spent the rest of the day back at the truck.

The best part (for me anyway) of the whole ride was the new sections of single track covered in grass. Niiiice! :thumbsup:

I was kinda dissapointed myself. Way too much road this year, unlike what they were promising.

Was it me, or did anyone else feel it was over too fast? I seem to remember getting back to the truck last year around 4pm or so. Got back Sunday around 2. I know we didn't skip any sections, other than the WEC extreme test section. No way was I going up AND DOWN that hill!

:thumbsup:

Damn, I missed a good hill?

Dave

To make matter worse, one of our crew dumped it on the long uphill before the grass track, about 3 miles into Sunday's ride. Some of you might have seen him on the side as you came up. I helped him get going again, but his hip was badly bruised and possible 2 broken fingers. His throttle stuck going up the hill and he slammed into me. Spent the rest of the day back at the truck.

The best part (for me anyway) of the whole ride was the new sections of single track covered in grass. Niiiice! :thumbsup:

I too though it was over too quick, finished on sat at about 130 and 2 pm on sunday. I did ride the WEC extreme section on sat and man , that was tough. I was not going to do it on sunday, but it was closed anyways.

I kindof thought that maybe its over sooner because I'm getting faster????

Taking less breaks?? Got better tires? etc...

I didnt think there was too much road, I thought the ride was GREAT and it is my favorite ride every year.

Cheers! :ride:

:applause:

And thanks to the troops for making it possible for me to go

Trigger

it was my first one ( i'll never forget my first ) i thought it was great, i'm pretty sore today, but i'll get over it, having never rode a 85 plus mile off road event before i thought it was an awesome trip, that hill was tough on my xr650l, practice makes perfect :thumbsup::ride:

Past Quarry Runs had over 130 miles on Saturday (but with more road). Due to all of the flooding, they lost a lot of trail; so each day was less than 90 miles this year. We are very lucky that many individuals donated their time, money, and busted their humps to put on this event.

Hats off to Otto, the Bearcreek Sportsmen, the Ridge Riders, the Hancock Fire Department, the Hancock Community, and everyone else that made this event possible.

Don't forget the September 3rd Southern Tier Enduro Rider's Dual Sport:

http://www.ster-mc.org/dualsportflyer.pdf

Here's a report on the 2005 STER Dual Sport:

http://rochesternet.com/rides/Jasper5-22-05/