Sign in to follow this  

Why does the CRF450R burn more oil?

My Honda Dealer's Mech.told me that the 450R will burn and discharge out of the overflow''Air Box'' more oil than any other Brand 450.He said your oil level can go from Hi to Low in 45min to 60min of hard riding this is normal.Why is Honda so different.

Yeah, the CRF section is the way to go -

BUT - you'll probably find your mechainic isn't quite accurate.

I'm sure the bike doesn't burn or eject more oil than say, my KTM - BUT, your Honda has two oil chambers. One engine, one clutch/tranny.

SO - you have less volume. If we both push out 15 cc's - I may have only lost 1/50th of my oil, since I have a single vat of oil to draw from for both tranny and engine. This would barely make my sight glass show a drop. But, since you have less to start with in your engine side, you may have lost 1/20th of your oil - which would put you dangerously low.

Even though we both burned/pushed out the same cc's of oil, you cannot afford to lose any, as you have less to start with.

That's my guess.

My Honda Dealer's Mech.told me that the 450R will burn and discharge out of the overflow''Air Box'' more oil than any other Brand 450.He said your oil level can go from Hi to Low in 45min to 60min of hard riding this is normal.Why is Honda so different.

I have an 05 450R and it has never done that, even after 4 hour rides.

if a bike is losing that much oil its due to poor ring seal or a worn out top end. if a motor is not broken in correctly it would be easy to loose that much oil in a short period of time. most engine builders recommend a hard and dry break in for the new generation of 4 stroke bikes. this is how i have done my last 2 rebuilds and my crf 450 doesnt loose any oil in between changes

wow dude it was just a joke...brand bashing is all a part of motocross...just like quad bashing from the dirtbike side...i garuntee youve said something to one of your buddies before about what they ride

^-----shut up ass hole, I am getting so sick of the brand bashing.

your a moron.. hes not brand bashing..

question asked, why is Honda different??? answer, cuz its a Honda!!

well lets see, why is Yamaha so different?? ans, cuz its a Yamaha.... if it was like a Honda, then it wouldn't be a Yamaha would it :thumbsup:

Dial Whine 11... why do Honda owners cry so much :ride:

your honda guys are starting to take over the drz guys in the whining dept :cry:

your a moron.. hes not brand bashing..

question asked, why is Honda different??? answer, cuz its a Honda!!

well lets see, why is Yamaha so different?? ans, cuz its a Yamaha.... if it was like a Honda, then it wouldn't be a Yamaha would it :ride:

Dial Whine 11... why do Honda owners cry so much :cry:

your honda guys are starting to take over the drz guys in the whining dept :ride:

Thats the dumbest ass thing i ever heard i think he's looking for an answer any retard could come up with that you moron :thumbsup:

Anyways I was wondering too because my friends 450 runs low alot

Thats the dumbest ass thing i ever heard i think he's looking for an answer any retard could come up with that you moron :thumbsup:

talk about a moron :ride: you didn't hear it.. you read it. think its time for you to get a new DRZ :cry:

if a bike is losing that much oil its due to poor ring seal or a worn out top end. if a motor is not broken in correctly it would be easy to loose that much oil in a short period of time. most engine builders recommend a hard and dry break in for the new generation of 4 stroke bikes. this is how i have done my last 2 rebuilds and my crf 450 doesnt loose any oil in between changes

We rode about 45 miles pretty hard a couple fairly large climbs.When we got back i had oil on my swingarm it had came out of the airbox from the tube in the box.I'll take my 02' in today i'll post results Thanks.

I have an 05 450R and it has never done that, even after 4 hour rides.

It doesn't do it every time.But will have moisture''OIL'' in the airbox from blow off tube.Maybe it's the 02' I'll ask

Does he also have an 02' ?.I'll post results when i know,Thanks

We rode about 45 miles pretty hard a couple fairly large climbs.When we got back i had oil on my swingarm it had came out of the airbox from the tube in the box.I'll take my 02' in today i'll post results Thanks.

Are you sure it wasn't ass juice from you shi@#$% your pants on those hill climbs. :ride: j/k Let us know what your dealer finds out I am interested. :thumbsup:

You have to drain the crankcase breather hose on occasion.

If you don't, oil will squirt all over until you drain it.

I think it's because you bought an old,used, worn out piece of shi@#%&! :thumbsup:

I think it's because you bought an old,used, worn out piece of shi@#%&! :ride:

:thumbsup: You might have bought a new KTM but you still ride side saddle wearing a sun dress and eat my dust.

:thumbsup: You might have bought a new KTM but you still ride side saddle wearing a sun dress and eat my dust.

I will blow you both away. :ride: