Sign in to follow this  

NEEDED: Camshaft journal holder.

It's the cap that goes on top of the cam. It has 4 bolts that go into it and one of the head cover bolts mount into it.

I'm needing the camshaft journal holder for the exhaust side of the DRZ head. Any out there? They are in the pic in OEM store, but no number.

Not available as a single item, they come with the complete cylinder head.

The carrier caps are line bored whilst bolted to the head, so that it all lines up, and runs true.

It may be possible to have a worn journal repaired, but if the cap is past salvage it's time for a new head.

What happened to the one you have :ride:

Neil.

:thumbsup::cry::ride:

I stripped the bolt out on top that the head cover screws into. My torque wrench was way off and SSSTTTTRRRIPPPPPP!!!! :thumbsup:

I stripped the bolt out on top that the head cover screws into. My torque wrench was way off and SSSTTTTRRRIPPPPPP!!!! :ride:

So easy to do, but that is what you get for using a torque wrench on low torque items.

I never use a torque wrench for things like that.

Just go by feel, 2 fingers on a standard Allen key is all it needs.

But the stripped thread is easy, just needs an M7 helicoil fitted, 5 minute job.

Neil.

:thumbsup::ride::cry:

EDIT: See post below.

Yes, and Heli Coil part numbers were even posted :thumbsup:

I got that one, this is a different bolt. I feel stupid so please don't add to my humility.

How can it be a different bolt? Send a picture. You will need to repair it whatever the problem is so give the whole story so we can give accurate info on repair

First it was the valve cover hole that stripped out, the bolts are all the same diameter pitch so if you just stripped out another hole then just do another helicoil on that one. Or is it the same one and you stripped out the helicoil?

Origionally I pulled some threads on one of the four bolts that hold down the cam cap. That problem was resolved. When installing the head cover, I was torquing down one of the three bolts that hold the cover down(the one on the exhaust side) and stripped it. Here is an exploded view of the head, it's the hole in the cap on the exhaust side. Don't ever think that I don't appriciate all of you all for your help, patients and support, because I do. I'm learning like everyone and I thank God that I have you all to help me.

That one is not nearly as critical as the other one. Just do a heli coil and you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Yes. Look at the head cover bolt. 7mm X 1.0 pitch just like Eddie said. 7mm is not so common so you will have to shop around to find someone with tools to do the repair. At least the part is easy to carry around. How did you resolve the other bolt problem?

Yes. Look at the head cover bolt. 7mm X 1.0 pitch just like Eddie said. 7mm is not so common so you will have to shop around to find someone with tools to do the repair. At least the part is easy to carry around. How did you resolve the other bolt problem?

I Just WENT THROUGH THIS...As referred to by burned. What a pain! I had to order the 7mm x 1.0 kit from Napa and it won't be in until Thursday. Haven't ridden in days. :ride: I learned my lesson.... :cry::thumbsup:

OK...I'll be a bit more specific...F**K TORQUE WRENCHES (for the small stuff)! :ride:

Jered