Sign in to follow this  

ron hamp standard porting

I am sending my head to ron for his standard porting. What piston and cam combo should i go with to match his work.

I am sending my head to ron for his standard porting. What piston and cam combo should i go with to match his work.

je 13:5:1 and his 187 cam be kicking some serious pony's ... :thumbsup:

Why not just ask him? :thumbsup:

i did and i kind of get half replys, thought maybe he was just trying to sell me his cam, has anyone tried a hot cam instead of his?

i did and i kind of get half replys, thought maybe he was just trying to sell me his cam, has anyone tried a hot cam instead of his?

What kind of power are you wanting ? Bottom ? Top ? what type of riding do you do ?

This is true. Call him. He will talk you ear off and explain everything to you.

I just had my bike ported and put a 12.5:1 je piston in it and it rips. it pulls very hard now. I could only imagine what would happen with a 13:1 and his 187 cam. From what i understand you will need a new cam to run the higher compression piston because the stock lobes are not aggresive enough to clear the taller piston

shadyatbest, was that standard porting? I cant wait to get it back. I mostly ride at the dunes, so its alot of wide open pulls. what about valves, do i need to get his valves or just run mine?

shadyatbest, was that standard porting? I cant wait to get it back. I mostly ride at the dunes, so its alot of wide open pulls. what about valves, do i need to get his valves or just run mine?

I would get his valves and springs..

yeah standard porting. Ron will tell you if you valves are shot. You will eventially need to change them out. The stainless steel valves he uses have been great so far but only a years worth of riding will tell. Ron is a honest guy. So take his word on needing new valves or not

Cool i cant wait i have heard great things about his work, i am going to get the JE 13.5 piston and his cam. What kind of jetting changes am i going to need to make, im also running a full yoshi carbon and twin air with B.F. screen removed

Cool i cant wait i have heard great things about his work, i am going to get the JE 13.5 piston and his cam. What kind of jetting changes am i going to need to make, im also running a full yoshi carbon and twin air with B.F. screen removed

You will hafe too lean the main quite a bit..

just start buy using dinosuar oil and raise the needle up and put in a bigger main jet. i bumped my main up to a a 165. I dont know what stock is on the r but it is 142 on the x. You might be in the 170's since you have the exhaust. You will want to run some sort of 100 octane fuel cut 50/50 with some super unleaded

If your duning you need a flat track style setup. Mega ponies. Go 13.5-1 on the piston. Ask him about his carb mod too if your not shy about spending dough.

Have him set up the head with the Ferra Ti valves and the good springs. You oughta think about a really good pipe too. Call MRD and get his dual setup. So far with Rons work and cam, Daves MRD dual setup made over 63 hp. Them's real ponys, ass kickin, what the hell was that, who is that guy ponys.

You will hafe too lean the main quite a bit..

&%$#@!???? what what what????? There will be more air entering the combustion chamber, you will need more fuel also

just start buy using dinosuar oil and raise the needle up and put in a bigger main jet. i bumped my main up to a a 165. I dont know what stock is on the r but it is 142 on the x. You might be in the 170's since you have the exhaust. You will want to run some sort of 100 octane fuel cut 50/50 with some super unleaded

I bet your rich try dropping the main down 1 or 2 sizes.

&%$#@!???? what what what????? There will be more air entering the combustion chamber, you will need more fuel also

when you have port work done, you need too lean out the main .. Have Shawn explain it too you im heading out..

With the cam and the port, the pulse on the carb is stronger and the resulting extra vaccum pulls way more fuel past the jet.

Most of the time they end up at about a 158 at sea level to 1000 feet. The stock needle are also best. Therapture spent several days trying to get his squared away with the JD jetkit and it was just wrong...the pilots are normal.

is this sort of like the "50:1 vs 20:1" thing where the more oil in the 20:1 causes your bike to run leanerbecause the fuel is too thick to go through the carb or something like that