Sign in to follow this  

SM suspension

well, im 6' 240ish and i should respring and revalve my SM b/c it's setup for a small infant at best it seems. should i send out my shock and have it valved correctly? valves in the forks should be easy enough to have done locally or with enough reading up replace myself without too much difficulty. who does SM stuff that i should shop with? has anyone had this done reicently to give me a rough idea what it's going to cost to do correctly?

thanks everyone

-Zac

TLR doug helped me out with new springs for my SM. It is easier to do than you might think. I'm 6'1" and about your weight. I ordered custom fork springs from www.cannonracecraft.com and replaced the fork oil with 10wt. I also installed a Race Tech rear spring with a 6.0. Do a search for the info. You will save lots of cash doing it yourself. It rides like a whole different bike!

Depending on where you are in CT, you could also give GMD Computrack a call. The NY shop is actually in CT and the Boston shop is in souther Mass, just over the RI boarder. Pete Kates knows his stuff. I've had two bikes done by him and I'm bringing the SM in tonight to get the forks stiffened a bit