Sign in to follow this  

Bike choice?

What would u guys say is the most relible 450 mx bike out there?

Oh boy here we go!

I cannot tell a lie, the CRF450R :thumbsup:

I haven't heard any issues with the Suzuki, anyone? I would put Yamaha, Suzuki and KTM up there for 450 reliability.

Yamaha is the best and believe it or not KTM is a close second. I believe it was this month or last months Dirt Rider where they said this. To bad KTM's suspension sucks.

I have the exact same dilemma, and have a similar thread running elswhere in 'general' posing the same question. I've just sold my YZ250 (2 stroke) with the intention of picking up a late model 450, and in 2 weeks of trying im no closer to a decision. In fact, the most common topics on this site that ive seen so far are discussions on 4 stroke reliability issues, leading me to believe that buying any four stroke is a danger. My reason for the change over is fuel economy (believe it or not) because we do large distances in South Africa in remote areas, thus the four stroke being the wiser choice. However I am now completely disillusioned, and am not going to buy one at all. I just contacted KTM and theyre gonna supply me with a KTM 250 exc with a long range tank.

Are the reliability issues this bad, or is it just an unfair stigma!!??!!

I have the exact same dilemma, and have a similar thread running elswhere in 'general' posing the same question. I've just sold my YZ250 (2 stroke) with the intention of picking up a late model 450, and in 2 weeks of trying im no closer to a decision. In fact, the most common topics on this site that ive seen so far are discussions on 4 stroke reliability issues, leading me to believe that buying any four stroke is a danger. My reason for the change over is fuel economy (believe it or not) because we do large distances in South Africa in remote areas, thus the four stroke being the wiser choice. However I am now completely disillusioned, and am not going to buy one at all. I just contacted KTM and theyre gonna supply me with a KTM 250 exc with a long range tank.

Are the reliability issues this bad, or is it just an unfair stigma!!??!!

There is no way to get a stright answer here. You have to sift through all the BS and come up with your own conclusion.