Sign in to follow this  

What silencer makes a nice low 2 stroke sound?

I have a 2005 sx 125 and i hate the way it sounds....now don't get me wrong i love the sound of 2 strokes but not mine...it sounds almost like a 65...i did repack the silencer but it didn't helpl it much....so my question is what is a good aftermarket slip on silencer to buy that makes it sound a little bit lower?...i wasn't looking into buying the whole system...just a silencer. :thumbsup:

I would guess an FMF Q or PC 296 would get the closest to what you want, but it'll never have the "barky" sound that a good running 250 has.

Lower meaning like lower DB or lower in like the tone? You can get the powercore 2 and they say it gives a "deep like works tone" so is that what youre after?

A 125 will never have the barky sound of a 250.

It doesn't matter what kind of silencer is on it, 125s are higher piched than 250s, and 85s are higher piched than 125s.

The bigger the engine, the lower piched it will be.

Same with 4-strokes.

i have a pro circuit R304 on my 125 its it sounds really low and not high piched..

That's probably just the crisp raspy sound you get when the packing gets old or blown out. :thumbsup:

Markopolo is right. More displacement = deeper tone.

Come listen to the stocker on my 01 KX250...best sound you've ever heard...its such a deep noise..makes you happy :thumbsup:...

Record the sound of a good running CR500 and play it til you get it stuck in your head.

That's probably just the crisp raspy sound you get when the packing gets old or blown out. :thumbsup:

Markopolo is right. More displacement = deeper tone.

my silencer is brand new :ride: