Best Low-cost Mods to do on the 06 CRF450R?

? Hey guys, I hope this turns out to be a good thread. I just want to know what ya'll have to say as far as the best low-cost mods and only EXTREMELY beneficial high-cost mods that you have done on your CRF 450's. I just bought one couple months back and havent done one thing to it. Any imput on carb, gearing, ergonomics, handling, tires, brakes, suspension, etc etc would be great. :ride:

Ive been looking at pictures of different 450's and I cant help to notice that almost all of the racers have aftermarket radiator hoses, in all colors. Whats up with that? I cant imagine this does anything but give it good looks or am I wrong?

I just changed the shock spring from stock(5,5kg.) to a lighter 5,3kg. I weight 84kg's. That's about the best mod. I've done to my crf so far. set it with 102-105mm race sag. '

But then again... depends on your weight!

chain, lube, suspension setup, and radiator protection.

I have an rg3 top clamp and the thing is awesome. I never got arm pump once, even after not riding for 9 months due to a broken wrist and an unforseen surgery. I'm using it with protaper bars and I think the combo is well worth the money.

other than protection, which you're just insane if you don't buy (skidplate, handgaurds if you ride offroad), the list for me is:

*grips fo sho

*chain

*the seat - get a guts racing seat...so comfortable and instantly noticable in the ride quality...I'm tellin' you, $4000 in upgrades later, and that seat puts a smile on my face every time

tires of course, but I don't list those, becuase you're going to change those anyway, so it's not an "upgrade" or a "mod'...

I just put this in another post but by far the best bang for the buck I've done so far is changing the fork oil with Mobil ATF, dropping the height to 365(add 358cc once drained) and going in 1 clicks in on the compression(from stock). It's extremely cheap and effective. Next up on the list would be a new front tire. The stock front blows. I might give the 5.3 spring a go next.

Get a fuel mixture screw like this one

FMS01-2T.jpg

Also skid plate, case guards, ironman sprocket and new chain. The list can go on forever, it all depends on how much its going to take to get the bike comfortable for the terrain you are going to ride. Set your race sag, change your oil and clean your air filter and go ride.