Sign in to follow this  

SM kits for 07's

Does anyone know if the 525's are going to have a Motard kit? I am considering a Suzuki 400sm, but have heard the KTM is a superior mahine. What about maintenance on the KTM? What would it take to put some street tires on the KTM? How would the gearing be for cruzin round 70?

Thanks for any help!!

The Motard kit is available from KTM!

If your street riding first don't mess with 400-450 stuff, at street speeds you’re going to work a 400-450 to death and wish you had the big one.

KTM has been building a 525SMR that is set up the way you want! I am going to guess that it will be several months before you see a 07 and when you do it will be more hi tech, better for a true competition, may not be as well suited for you. For 07 the SX will have the new/smaller/higher revving engine and the assumption is they will soon follow up with a Motard version with the same combo. If so that piece is called a 505 but is really something like 477. It have 5 speed instead of 6, will rev higher, thus make good power at least as much as the 525 (really 510) and be better suited for a true race bike. To go flog down the road, I would look for a 06, 525 SMR which has 6 gears and good power at milder RPM.

The other option is to get a 525EXC and change out the wheels & brakes with the KTM Kit!