Sign in to follow this  

Project DRZ-E Super-Retard

I thought I'd share my latest bike-building disaster with the rest of you. As many of you know, I have long dreamed of owning a single-cylinder 400cc motorcycle with a top speed of 85mph that will make property values plummet wherever I decide to lay it down for the night. :crying

Well, a couple of phone calls, some zip ties, about 25 washers, 2 cans of flat-black krylon, and a healthy credit card debt later, and its finally finished! Please feast your eyes on my new beauty, project DRZ Super-Retard:

DRZ-Garage-2.jpg

DRZ-Garage-7.jpg

It started life as a 2001 DRZ 400E I picked up about 10 months ago. I've been riding it in the woods quite a bit and decided I wanted to use some of my newfound water crossing, hillclimbing and log jumping skills where they really matter...on the streets of Portland. So, I took advantage of Oregon's lax registration laws(shhh!!) and got it plated and titled. :rocking

I found a great deal on a set of Excel wheels and an oversized brake kit. I'm running Pirelli Scorpion Synchs for the tires.(They rock!) It came with the FMF pipe(I used 12 washers just to keep it away from the tire!) and WER steering Damper. I installed SS lines front and rear along with Vesra pads. The suspension is set up for woods riding which makes it a bit soft for street use, but still quite manageable.

The best part about this bike, (besides all the women it naturally attracts) is that with just a quick wheel change, its back to a deep-woods enduro.

A motard is definatly the ultimate form of post-apocoliptic urban transportation in my opinion. It is kind of wierd to ride it in town because I constantly find myself looking for terrain to ride. Burnouts, powerslides, wheelies, curb-monkey jumping, you name it, it does it. Hopefully the motor stays together, and I don't loose my license too soon! :lol

Look for a video soon.

Matt

Just watch out for those :ride: bicyclists! Portland! Nice ride by the way :thumbsup:

Definitely has the "road warrior" look to it. Do the mirrors and turn signals serve a purpose or are they just there to make the bike legal?

Those mirrors must pop off pretty easy if you are dual sporting the bike.

Plate is tucked up in... you can barely see a corner of the bottom pic.

E model street riding pride! I just finished wiring blinkers and horn on mine last night. Can't afford 17" wheels though.

Looks mean!