Sign in to follow this  

Hwy 80 Cisco Grove easy riding?

Heard from rockhounder that the riding at Cisco Grove off HWY 80 has some easy access easy fire roads beginner stuff. Is this true? are the roads and jeep trails many? and easy to find from what staging area? or is it just one or two roads and not much stuff, fill me in anyone who knows.

thanks

:thumbsup: I met Monkey Clam there. She and CRFchrista were trying to distract me. I can't even remember what happened!

We all live in a yellow submarine! :ride:

Where do I buy plane tickets around here?

Cisco Grove is all fire roads and jeep trails. No singletrack (unless the locals have pulled a bush in front of the trailheads.

There are a number of roads up there and I think the signs say up to 11 miles to one of the lakes. If you rode every rode up there to every option (lakes and signal peak) you would get maybe 30 miles in. The lakes up there are beautiful. Some of the road is more difficult than fire road, but some of it a car could traverse. Once at Fordyce Lake you could take the Fordyce Creek Jeep Trail back to Eagle Lake (Deep Water crossing - might eat bikes) and some of the winch hills might pose challehges. This would add another few miles in. Get a Tahoe National Forest map and check out all the trails on it.

Most of the roads are friendly, but some might have problems depending on skill. You need 4x4 in a truck or SUV or whatever to get up towards Fordyce and another lake up that road that escapes me. That same road (and another "Y")would take you to signal peak (radio tower you can see at top of red rocky mountain from I-80), but if you continue on the road you come in on it may stay more graded. I have not been past the turn to Fordyce (only been up to Fordyce), so I am not sure.

Have Fun

D

I was up there a couple weeks ago, and all I know is the trip to signal peak would take about 15 minutes on a bike (took about 1 hour in the super-duty).

I would be very easy on a bike ( a pretty simple - but kinda rocky- fire road).

There's no signs that say "signal peak, you gotta just stay left as you go up.

If you get on the Fordyce 4WD trail, though, that's a much different story. Very difficult trail (Indian springs staging area, different exit from freeway).

Sorry I don't know more about the area, but I should know lots after this wknd (see my post from today looking for help/directions).

We'll be dual sporting, so we plan to be all over the area this Sunday.

If you're in the area, say hey to the green/silver KLR and a blue DRZ400!

We'll be there this w/e with the rig...fri/sat/sunday. Super easy roads, some rocks down to fordyce lake. Sterling lake road is as easy as it comes. I'll be in the Ultra 24' class c rv, probably in the A section. I'll have two camo green quads, two lime green 50cc quads and the yellow submarine. I'll be riding some w/ the kids, but I want to do a long saturday ride in search of some pristine single track. Heard it was there, but no one knows where :thumbsup::ride:

:thumbsup: I met Monkey Clam there. She and CRFchrista were trying to distract me. I can't even remember what happened!

We all live in a yellow submarine! :ride:

Where do I buy plane tickets around here?

you and your damn riddles. Hey its cool if you smoke weed, dont be shy about bustin it out around us

"I can't get no Satisfaction."

we'll see about this weekend. may go to GT dust bowl fire roads instead, closer to home.

We'll be there this w/e with the rig...fri/sat/sunday. Super easy roads, some rocks down to fordyce lake. Sterling lake road is as easy as it comes. I'll be in the Ultra 24' class c rv, probably in the A section. I'll have two camo green quads, two lime green 50cc quads and the yellow submarine. I'll be riding some w/ the kids, but I want to do a long saturday ride in search of some pristine single track. Heard it was there, but no one knows where :thumbsup::ride:

I was told to ask the owner he knows what's up in them thar woods.

By the look sof Bigbobs map there are no designated or non-designated singletrack in that area. I was told there is a trail from Truckee to Omega, so it must cross that area somewhere. Might be part of the Pioneer Trail that would put it off limits to moto.

I don't think there is any single-track, but when I'm there camping with the family, that's my story for a nice long 2-wheel ride. And anybody that comes up here that never has....it's not tech at all. Some rocks, but the views are great and the roads are long. I just don't want to dissappoint anybody that thinks different of this place. We were going to park the rig at FH, but the misses wants hook-ups, so hook-ups it is, I'll ride wherever. I think I posted this before; A happy spouse makes a happy camping trip. (of course if any of you TT'ers meet me there we'll drink till the sun comes up and then kick her ass outta bed to make us some waffles....beeotch!) :thumbsup::ride:

(although, she probably would anyway if we asked nicely...and shared the beer w/her)

Well, stop by the camp if you happen to come on up, it may be a family thing but all are invited. Just ask the staff where Rockhounder is camping, they'll give you the info....

we talked about it and Me and YamahaGinger are all over this!!!!!!

Saturday Aug. 5 - Cisco Grove BBq spectactular it is. we want to explore and learn the good stuff easy riding. Rockhounder, need directions to your site, should we reserve a day camp site for the day? what about staging we need a place to stage and tie up boomer while we ride then come back and BBQ the brats. We're bringing our small gas grill and a cooler and boomer, plan to be up there about 9 am Saturday stay for the day. Ride eat maybe ride again, then leave for home in the late afternoon. Clue me in.

We are on it. Cisco Grove mondo condo berondo

Tirebiter let's do it. onto1wheel , we'll look for you.

Hey Bob,

Sounds like a plan! Shoot us the directions..

Lee & I have been on a riding vacation this week- Foresthill last weekend, Cow Mtn tues, FH again tomorrow.

Cisco Grove with friends will be a real nice way to end the week. :thumbsup:

I know, Cow in the middle of summer??

Went up, had the whole place to ourselves and the temps never got outta the 70's. Sweet..

Man, I'm gettin permanent blue stained hands from servicing all the filters... :ride:

see Rockhounders directions above I think, YG wants to coordinate food with Leeann, will Pm phone numbers,

see Rockhounders directions above I think, YG wants to coordinate food with Leeann, will Pm phone numbers,

Hwy 80, about 5miles past nyack exit, to Cisco Grove, get off make left, make another left at the "T", stop at the campground office ask for Rockhounders camp site.....

its a nice cg. i would go but i have family to deal with. The step mom goes all out on these trips. Tri tips, salmon, and fillet Mignon. I am a bachelor and i cant pass up meals like this

Sounds like a good time to me.

My travels that day will take me past Stonyford, Middle creek, and Cow. No bike in tow, bummer, but lots of beer and whiskey for a week at the beach.

all systems are go, we're gonna play it by ear as to when we get up and leave, we will be arriving 830-930, looking to stage at Rockhounders campsite. after a Good morning ride, Lunch is planned, then some more riding. Gonna be a good day. :thumbsup:

all systems are go, we're gonna play it by ear as to when we get up and leave, we will be arriving 830-930, looking to stage at Rockhounders campsite. after a Good morning ride, Lunch is planned, then some more riding. Gonna be a good day. :thumbsup:

Yup, gonna be fun. :ride:

I'll call ya this morning...

Headed out to the garage right now, time to service the bus ..

We're packing up now getting ready to head out. Bob, I think I pm'd you my cell # but it won't be with me :ride: I took a joy ride with the local game warden yesterday and I left my phone in his truck. :thumbsup: Anyway, TB, Bbob, Ginger, boomer...I'll leave instructions at the lodge of my whereabouts.

Here's what my camp will look like...

thecampge3.jpg