Sign in to follow this  

Attn. BBR SuperPro Owners--Need Info!!

I bought a BBR SuperPro Frame in June of '04 along with a set of SP-5's. Both have always seemed soft to me. I ordered the 1100 lb. spring (supposedly it came with a 975#) and when it came today it looked identical to what I already had. In the AM I'm going to take it to the Penske Shock shop here in Indy's Gasoline alley to check it to see what it actually rates out on their shock dyno.

Meanwhile, I'd appreciate anyone who owns a SuperPro giving me some examples of how much preload you're running (and your own weight ready-to-ride). I had mine preloaded to a length of 5 3/8" from a free length of 5 5/8". I weigh about 165# ready to ride.

On the fork front it's the same way--I seem to blow through the stroke of the SP-5's pretty quickly and I'm definitely not the aggressive type (I'm old). I never had any fork oil level specs until the fork springs came today and had been running them with 3.8 oz. of 15 wt. per leg. Others about my size who rode the bike always thought it was soft, too. The H-D springs that came today are not only larger in the wire dia. (.136" vs. the 118" that came with the forks) but the coils are much closer together. They're definitely going to be stiffer but hopefully not too stiff. A buddy about my size who races a KLX-110 bought a set of BBR springs for his bike and found them WAY too stiff. Anyone have any experience with the H-D springs for the SP-5's?

A timely response with any info would be greatly appreciated as I need to get the bike set up for a race Thursday evening. My sincere thanks in advance.