Sign in to follow this  

YFZ450 w/Big Gun EvoX

Hi all. I hope you'll please bear with me because I'm new to 4 strokes and new to this site. This question is one I'm sure has come up a thousand times; however, I have searched both this and the Yamaha ATV forums here at TT to no avail.

I've just installed a complete Big Gun Evo X system on a 2004 YFZ450 and went to the Big Gun website tech page to see which main jet to get and, lo and behold, they're trying to sell me a $100 complete jetting kit.

All of my pipe and jetting experience has been with 2 strokes. Any pipe changes have usually only meant a main jet change and few other adjusments. I obviously want to get the most out of this new pipe so, if I have to get their kit, I'll suck it up and do the right thing.

However, I've got to believe that some of you have worked with this bike/exhuast set-up and have experience on which parts to use and where to find them at a reasonable price.

The bike is used at sea level in temps between 60 and 70 degrees and is not raced.

I appreciate any advice you might have.

Thanks,

Joe

i have a yfz 450 with the big gun evo exhaust .i did not buy the jet kit. i can not remember what it takes but i will look and see, maybe tonight.