Sign in to follow this  

RM-Z 450 Enduro

Can we please get this in the US? :cry:

http://www.suzuki2wheels.be/modeldetail.php?id=49

I said PLEASE! Mr. Suzuki Man, don't make me buy this one... :thumbsup:

http://www.husqvarnausa.com/2006/06_TE450.html

My DRZ 400S is a great 50/50 Dual Sport and I know I can throw enough money at it to make it a pretty good 300 pound off road bike, but come one, give us what we want. A light weight, powerful, tricked out, street legal enduro bike. Husky and KTM have already done it, do you want Honda or Yamaha to beat you to the punch? :ride:

Looks like fun, but probably wouldn't last as long as the DRZ. I think I would commute on the DRZ and use that RMZ for trail/light road use. Looks like a great idea for those who trail ride and need a legal bike now and then. As far as the Husky goes.....good luck to ya. Friend had the TC250 and sold it after a few months. What a POS that was. He thought he would be different having an exotic. The only thing different about him was how light his wallet became.

Looks like fun, but probably wouldn't last as long as the DRZ. I think I would commute on the DRZ and use that RMZ for trail/light road use. Looks like a great idea for those who trail ride and need a legal bike now and then. As far as the Husky goes.....good luck to ya. Friend had the TC250 and sold it after a few months. What a POS that was. He thought he would be different having an exotic. The only thing different about him was how light his wallet became.

Why do you say this? Why would it not last as lng as the Drz?

My bike mag just named the hisq TE 510 the "dual sport of the year".

It was late last night when I found that site. Looking at her in the light of day I think it looks like they just stuck a headlight and taillight/tag on the existing RMZ. While this is good, I think what we really are waiting for is a re-engineered DRZ450/RMX450 that is more of a hybrid... A 450cc street legal enduro bike. The rumors have been flying for a while. With KTM and Husky providing DOT legal 450 and 500cc serious dirt bikes I'm hoping to see Suzuki bring this bike to the party before Honda or Yamaha. You don't really have to get rid of the highly successful DRZ 400 line either. Dropping the price on them by $1000 should be feasable while offering up a $7000 high performance, lightweight, aluminum framed, plastic tanked, 6 speed, 450 cc, DOT legal, fire breathing, 'zuki that is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall... wait a minute, that's another dream I have!

I'm torn between putting $1500-$2000 more in my '05 DRZ 400s or go Husky or give up the DOT legal and get a 400E or the new Yamaha WR450.

Which, speaking of the new WR450, have you seen what the competition has done Mr. Suzuki?

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/27june06_07wrs.htm

Is it just me or does something look a little off with those pics? Either way a 450x would most likely be a success if they put some oil in it.....

Can we please get this in the US? :cry:

http://www.suzuki2wheels.be/modeldetail.php?id=49

I said PLEASE! Mr. Suzuki Man, don't make me buy this one... :thumbsup:

http://www.husqvarnausa.com/2006/06_TE450.html

My DRZ 400S is a great 50/50 Dual Sport and I know I can throw enough money at it to make it a pretty good 300 pound off road bike, but come one, give us what we want. A light weight, powerful, tricked out, street legal enduro bike. Husky and KTM have already done it, do you want Honda or Yamaha to beat you to the punch? :ride:

I was just gonna say that Yamaha has too...buuuut then I saw your post with the Yammie pic.

They also list an SM version. Yummy...

50_1135350125.jpg

if that makes it to the U.S. i'm gonna be trading in the DRZ

:thumbsup:

I'll stick to my heavy underpowered drz for a daily commuter before I buy that bike. The stock rmz has a four speed, has a small tank, small amount of oil and needs the valves checked way too often for me. The Husky 510 SMR is more appeasing to me for a weekend curve carver and track day bike. I had bad luck in the past with RMZ's with just using it as a motocross bike.

The Husky 510 SMR is more appeasing to me for a weekend curve carver and track day bike.

I hear ya on the Husky SMRs... I saw an ad in a magazine this last weekend and started drooling. The Husky 450SM is $7299, about $1100 more than my DR-ZSM. I'll pay $1100 more for +50cc's, FCR, 320mm rotor, 6-speed and 240lbs dry wt. I just may have to take a 44 mile ride soon on the DR-ZSM to my nearest Husky dealer!

http://www.husqvarnausa.com/2006/images/360x260/smr_1.jpg

I paid $4400 plus tax etc for my DRZ S model. That means I can spend almost $3000 on it before I get close to the price of a WR 450. And mine came with turn signals!

I looked at a fully converted XR 650R that was done by the owner of a dealership for himself. He had all the top notch gear. He jetted and piped it, added a baja kit & everything. He spent over $2500 getting the thing legal and it still didn't have elect start! He couldn't give it away for the sticker price of the bike alone.

You guys must have piles of money laying around to be looking at these things.

BTW, I paid cash for my DRZ........

I recently got out of motocross due to three surgeries last summer. a baby girl, and a big house payment. Now if I could sell my yzf450 and my money pit trx450r I would pick up a 510 husky in a heartbeat. Huskies just scare me since I do not know too much about them, but a lot of people rave about them after they are set up properly with jetting and oil leak fixes.

It is substandard as a dual sport bike. The DRZ is better. What they need to do is up the displacment on the drz motor...add a second overdrive and put in the RMZ frame. That might do the trick.

***but a lot of people rave about them after they are set up properly with jetting and oil leak fixes. :ride:

This is a scary thought :ride: but then again I guess we have the Primary Nut, CS Nut, and Water Pump :thumbsup: Still think I'll stick with my DRZ :cry:

oil leaks?

"potatoe,potatoe,potatoe..."

they dont anymore but they still sell like hotcakes,and always have. Brand loyalty has little to due with reason.