Sign in to follow this  

Installing Pro circuit pipe...need help!

I have low boy header mounted in the engine, but when i put the mid pipe into the header it doesnt seem to be flush, like i cant put it in straight, it only goes in on a angle plus the mid pipe doesnt match up with the bracket is near the kickstarter :ride::cry: its about 1inch back from the mount!

Any help will be greatly recieved :thumbsup:

The PC pipes do not use the stock clamp for the head pipe and muffler junction. I found this out when I purchased just the can for my RMZ.You can use three bond or another sealant,but I do not see the need.

Also,if you have atleast a 1/2 inch overlap, between the pipe and muffler your good to go. :thumbsup:

I appologize if I am off base with this, But When i put my Pro Circuit on, I didn't think the mid pipe would fit over the header They looked the same diameter.... But upon sliding them together.... it works ! I agree, it's odd that the pieces sit offset, but I have no problem with mine. There is no exhaust leak.... Make sure you follow the directions, loosen everything it tells you to. As you put things back in place and tighten up, It all falls into place !! It should be fine ! :thumbsup:

I appologize if I am off base with this, But When i put my Pro Circuit on, I didn't think the mid pipe would fit over the header They looked the same diameter.... But upon sliding them together.... it works ! I agree, it's odd that the pieces sit offset, but I have no problem with mine. There is no exhaust leak.... Make sure you follow the directions, loosen everything it tells you to. As you put things back in place and tighten up, It all falls into place !! It should be fine ! :thumbsup:

But the mid pipe doesnt come flush with the subframe mount! it is about 1inch back from the mount! and i cant bring it forward, because of the header pipe :/

did you buy the muffler to fit an 05 yz or is it for an 06? because i hear that the mounts on the 06 are about an inch back or so. Maybe you have the wrong muffler.

But the mid pipe doesnt come flush with the subframe mount! it is about 1inch back from the mount! and i cant bring it forward, because of the header pipe :/

slide it in more. it should go in about an inch.

Pro curcuit is very good with there pipes when it comes to fitting. Double check yourself, try to push the mid pipe forward enough so you can mount it to the subframe. If it isn't going to happen check the pipe and muffler for numbers,to make sure you have the right year,CALL PC.