Sign in to follow this  

Vapor watertemp sensor!

oh... you just unscrew it from the plastic part? you're kidding me.... damn it, wish i knew that 2 weeks ago.

I tried removing the sensor from the plastic housing and it came out ok, but it a completely different thread size than the one on the top of my radiator. I sent TrailTech an email weeks ago and have yet to hear from them:naughty:

My question, is there more than one size temp sensor bolt? I seem to have one that wont fit into my rad.

Thanks

E

Yes. I e-mailed them and they sent a 6mm sensor. The sensor on the pass-thru connector is too big.

GTK, I thought so, I guess I need to email them again. Hopefully they'll respond this time.

E

EDIT:

Just heard from Chris at TrailTech, they are going to replace it, I just need to send it back.

Yes. I e-mailed them and they sent a 6mm sensor. The sensor on the pass-thru connector is too big.

Odd, mine fit perfectly. I installed it saturday, so my memory isn't fuzzy. I just went out to the garage and screwed the air bleed screw into the in-line hose fitting where I removed the temp sensor - perfect fit.

BTW, the in-line hose fitting I got with my kit is silver metal, probably aluminum, unlike some of the black plastic ones I've seen pictured here. (My bike is a 2006 DRZ-E).

We do not noramlly use the M6 sensor unless we have to - it is not strong enough for the heavy handed....

Our normal thread is a 1/8-28 BSPP. We also make 14,16,18,20,22 and 24 mm adapters for oil.

• Like 1

So, any reason a guy couldn't get a second sensor & install it in oil sys. and add a switch to go between oil & water temp.? Just for something to do while on the highway instead of dreaming of a 6th gear....

camster,

No problem. We also now produce thread adapters for all (known to us) oil bolts. Up 18mm.

Also another tip for those of you who want to order these kits from the TT store. The Trail Tech Kit 75-300 Comes with the In Line Coupler and the 75-301 Kit (not listed) comes with the 6mm Plug. :thumbsup: