Sign in to follow this  

06 Fourstokes Black tanks

Well this years 4 bangers came out with the black tanks im pressuming they did this as to prevent multicoloured tanks due to the yellow aniversary model and the normal blue model.. now i have recently purchased the 06 250f aniversary model and im delighted with it but the only problem ive had with it is the fuel tank...

HOW do you know how much fuel you have? you simply just cant see through the black tank... and think about this.. every year i go on trailrides over a long weekend we might do like 100km-150km a day and FUEL is an IMPORTANT issue obviously.. but how can i see how much i have... does any1 know something i dont :thumbsup:

They make some sort of little balls that you can put in the tank to help you see the fuel level when looking into the tank. As far as seeing the fuel level from outside the tank, it will be impossible unless you get a clear aftermarket tank.

I had an 03 with the blue tank and still couldnt see the gas level without opening the cap. Maybe you could put and hour meter of some sort on it and run it until its empty, see how long it lasted and then guage your distance off of that? Might be worth a shot or get you somewhere close anyway as to how long you can ride. :thumbsup:

k ummm do u know what they are called and couldnt they get stuck on stuff and also block the hole which the fuel goes down?

If you tee a clear plastic hose into your fuel line, run it forward and up under the radiator shrouds, up to a tee in your vent line, you'll have a sight tube.

very clever :thumbsup:

fill it up until gas pours out. Put the cap on and you are full!

You can see from 3/4-full level in the tank by just taking the cap off

He means to run an extra piece of clear tubing. The fuel in the tubing will be at the same level as the fuel in the tank, so you can see from outside the height of the fuel. Re-read grayracer's post and it should make sense. You form a loop from the fuel cock to the vent line. The fuel will run up the tube to the height of the gas in the tank..