Sign in to follow this  

crf250x/r my next bike?

I have a 2005 crf230f that i bought in january and now i am getting bored of it. I love it on the trails but i would like a bike that has more power. I still want to stick with honda though. My friends went from a 2004 TTR-125L to a 2001 YZF426F and he really likes it. He has had no problems yet. He does that same kinda of riding as me and all i do is trail ride. I can get a 2000-2004 crf250r/x or a 2000-2004 yzf250f for under $4000 canadian but i'm not sure it is worth it. I like how my 230 hardly needs any maintainence but i wouldnt mind if i only had to do a little. Other than valve checks and oil changes and filter cleaning what other maintenance is there that a person who does light trail riding would have? I would only have the bike for a year until i graduate anyways and i wouldn't ride it hard like race it anyways so would there be a chance that i would have to replace the top end or anything like that if the engine was good when i bought it? I basically only want it to say i have one haha. Thanks.

umm i dont no man all trails the crf250x is already set up. Its a HUGE step up from the crf230. But i think that u should test ride the bikes so u can get a real feel for it.