Sign in to follow this  

Different shock spring?

Anyone want's to share an opinion on crf450 shocksprings?

I weight 84kg/185lbs . The bike used to feel a bit heavy to me, the rear end bouncing a bit/kicking. Just went to a 5,3kg. spring and now I feel like I'm on a crf250 with a 450 engine, well maybe not completely but pretty close to...

:thumbsup:

It all depends on what type of riding you are doing...I would think for MX that the stock spring would have been about right for you, if you are trail riding, woods, ec, then the lighter spring might be good too....The bouncing and kicking is a product of the valving, not the spring rate..

Well you could be right about that some of the way.

But any bike I've owned, I had to soften compression damping a lot/run my race sag on the loose side(about 105mm) etc etc.. to be able to ride it fast and get comfortable/relaxed on the bike. I just feel like valving/springs are gone to a bit of a overkill.

Like manufactures are too fucused on bottoming resistance only.

I second that... I was having problems with kicking and bouncing and went up two clicks on the rebound, that took care of the problem for me. For your weight the stock spring should be just about right..

okay, suspension setup is very individual for each rider.

About rebound clickers etc, trust me I've been through every combination on the clickers etc. etc. I'm used to dial on suspension, and the softer spring seems to be better for me, I don't bottom out too much and the bike tracks better and does what I want it to do, in a better manner than before.

Well, thats just my experience :thumbsup: