Sign in to follow this  

2007 Kx 250r

Hi Guys

The 07 KX250R is landing here in JHB - SA next week and it looks like I'm gonna get my hands on one.

Has anyone had any contact with this model? - A good buy or not. I've been out of the game for a long time and want to get back into riding, know nothing about mechanics so don't want to get a second hand bike that might leave me stranded in the middle of a ride.

Any comments?

the 07 KX250 is the same as the 06 just with newer graphics, and the 06 is the same as the 05 except with newer graphics...

Hi Guys

The 07 KX250R is landing here in JHB - SA next week and it looks like I'm gonna get my hands on one.

Has anyone had any contact with this model? - A good buy or not. I've been out of the game for a long time and want to get back into riding, know nothing about mechanics so don't want to get a second hand bike that might leave me stranded in the middle of a ride.

Any comments?

When describing the '07 KX250 (and comprably the past 3 years) we simply use the term "BNG". BNG is a term the magazines use for a bike that has nothing changed other than "Bold New Graphics". The KX250 is a good do all bike, but there are definately better 250's out there.......

I know they at least changed to Renthal handlebars in 2006. I also read that they changed something on the kickstarter.

If you are getting into racing MX, then yes, it will be OK. If you are just wanting to trail ride and cruise around, look for a bike that better meets your needs. I hear you on not wanting to buy someone else's lack of maintenance / problems.

I'm not gonna do much MX but the only Enduro ready 2 stroke bike here is the KTM and the price is a bit steep in comparrison, the Jap models' parts are quite cheap.

I'm sure if I wheight the flywheel and maybe get a different sprocket set-up I should be fine?

Remember that a MX bike will have the suspension set up for MX. An enduro bike will have it set up for enduros. Think of your final costs after all the modifications.

I made my 07 KX 250 into a off-road bike, Gnarly pipe, FMF "Q", O-Ring Chain, IMS tank, 13oz flywheel weight, engine skid and bark busters...works nice offroad for me....however like said above the suspension needs to be setup for offroad though. I didn't want a KTM, seems like everyone has one and I wanted something different thats why I went with the KX250. Yes I'll probably spend more $$$ than I would have on a KTM but thats the fun part..... :thumbsup::ride: