Sign in to follow this  

13T Countershaft Sproket??

I've heard of some people running it, but can you run a 13t sproket on a 04 S model?? Or will it tear up the chain guides?

Same swing arm as the E, with a couple of extra tabs welded on. Keep your chain adjusted and you should be fine. I ran a 13 for over a year and I still have the stock guide on.

How small of a counter shaft sprocket can you go? Won't you eventually be putting a lot of street on the chain because only a few teeth will actually drive it? :thumbsup:

Sorry for sort of hijacking.... :ride:

I put a 13t on the girlfriend's DRZ 400S a couple of weeks ago. She is using it for trail riding until she gets her licence (have to take a safety course first in Manitoba).

The 13t makes a world of difference for trail riding an S. It is so much easier to ride in the slow stuff. It also power wheelies a lot easier too (I had to try).

How small of a counter shaft sprocket can you go? Won't you eventually be putting a lot of street on the chain because only a few teeth will actually drive it? :thumbsup:

Sorry for sort of hijacking.... :ride:

I've heard of people going as low as 12 but have not tried it myself.

Now would there be any difference in how the power to the ground would be with 13/41 and 15/47? Because I have 15/41 right now and am looking to go 13 to make it better on the trails without having to buy another chain.

Now would there be any difference in how the power to the ground would be with 13/41 and 15/47? Because I have 15/41 right now and am looking to go 13 to make it better on the trails without having to buy another chain.

13/41 is slightly taller than 15/47, but by a miniscule margin. You wouldn't notice a difference.

I've heard of people going as low as 12 but have not tried it myself.

When I bought my bike it had a 12 t on front with 47 on rear. Certainly not a street combo but had tons of low-end .