Sign in to follow this  

Berm technique, please help

what is the right way to ride a berm? i herd some where that u brake, shift down than accelerate or some thing :thumbsup: ? Will some one please tell me the right technique

thanks

pin it and pray...jk say you are coming in the berm in third you should clutch shift down in second then if you want to square up your turn you put your back brake on and slide your back wheel parallel to your front and drop the clutch and set up for the next section..if you are going to ride the berm all the way out just let the curve of the berm guide you into the next section speed will come later.

well, when you square up the berm you hit the back brake and slide it around and pop the clutch. hence squaring up the berm meaning riding so its like you make a triangle, no curves or anything, all straight lines. i prefer to come into the berm, and pop the clutch 1/4 of the way through it, then my bike will lead me the rest of the way and it carry alot of speed, but only do this on a decent sized berm, and square up on smaller berms, block passes, and when wet/slippery conditions.

It might help if you view a berm as a straightaway on it's side. Hit it then pin the throttle to come out of the turn looking down the next straightaway and for the next gear as well! :thumbsup:

u should learn to brake with no clutch and then start accelerating without the clutch in as high of a gear as possible without bogging and then if the rpm's are a little low flick the clutch once you are exitting the turn for speed on the next straight/obstacle. People play with the clutch or pull them in and drop them out to much and it makes the bike feel like its having a seizure under you and makes it harder to control. With a smooth throttle flow and proper body positioning(little to no clutch) the bike will feel more stable and you will go faster =]