Sign in to follow this  

YZ 125 Best year

What year do you think is the best year for the 125? I am looking at buying a new bike and there are a couple 03s and a 01

well 05 is when they satrted the aluminum frame, and the engine on my 05 kicks ass. im not saying its the best but its really nice.

This is the order in which I would rank them. All of them are good and dominated the 125 class. I would look into an 05 or newer though.

1. 2006

2. 2005

3. 2004

4. 2003

5. 2002

6. 2001

7. 2000

8. 1999

9. 1998

i had a 98,99,02, and a 03. the 99 was the best by far. they were all stock too. the 99 was just way faster. it handled great too. that was my favorite 125 ever!

i had a 98,99,02, and a 03. the 99 was the best by far. they were all stock too. the 99 was just way faster. it handled great too. that was my favorite 125 ever!

i rode a 03 and a 99 yz125 and the 03 was way faster!! what are you talking about

I rode them all and the '03 and '05/6 kick major arse! :thumbsup:

05 or higher. aluminum frame is kick ass. and they changed the motor and suspension from 05 on.

05, 06, and 07 because of the aluminum frame. My 02 is pretty quick tho, no complaints at all.

The 99 still had a 36mm carburetor so i guess it was not as pippy as the 01 and up with 38mm carbs.

The addition of the 38mm Carb produced slightly more overrev and made the engine more responsive to modifications such as porting and such. Otherwise, pretty much useless and not really faster on a stock engine.

I have a 01 and mine can kick the crap out of a 03 crf450f and a kfx400 fourwheeler and mine is stock, but it all depends on your weight and height and if your a good rider and if you know when to shift and know ur powerband i wouldnt listen to any of us i would go with what you like the best. :thumbsup::ride:

I have a 01 and mine can kick the crap out of a 03 crf450f and a kfx400 fourwheeler and mine is stock, but it all depends on your weight and height and if your a good rider and if you know when to shift and know ur powerband i wouldnt listen to any of us i would go with what you like the best. :thumbsup::ride:

Yeah I know right! I have a TTR125L in the garage that will do circles around my YZ250! ................

as long as the YZ250 is on the stand :applause: