Sign in to follow this  

front end stability?

anyone have any tips on how to get the front end to settle a little bit, when the track starts to get rough it seems like i cant keep the front end from dancing all over the place, my suspension has been done and that helped alot, i think i still need new springs so that might be some of the prob, but it just seems like when i get up to speed the front end wants hop all over, i have thought about turning my rebound down some but am not sure, just wondering if anyone else has had this prob and fixed it.

What are your current compression and rebound clicker settings and how much do you weigh?

umm, i think i am half and half, im not sure, i had race tech set it up for a 175lb pro, but i did not put springs in it, i feel like my clickers are really good, but the overall suspension is soft, i am wondering if i dont just need springs, but my front end does feel a little unstable at speed.

umm, i think i am half and half, im not sure, i had race tech set it up for a 175lb pro, but i did not put springs in it, i feel like my clickers are really good, but the overall suspension is soft, i am wondering if i dont just need springs, but my front end does feel a little unstable at speed.

I really think the front end needs the stiffer springs. The stock springs allow the front end to fall to far into the stroke. Initially I did not think this as I had compression backed off and still rarely bottomed. Seemed like big bumps absorbed well but small bumps wore me out. Re-valved by Enzo and went up on spring rate. Front end stays higher in the turns and doesn't pound my hands. Now the forks seem like magic. Definitely will have to go up on the rear spring also to keep it balanced.

(I think you and I have discussed this before. Glad to hear your getting closer to the sweet spot). :thumbsup: