Sign in to follow this  

VOR oil filter question...

2002-2003 VOR with electric start engine...

Im trying to clear up a question that until now has conflicting answers...

Does the open end of the oil filter (not the lower screen...the upper true oil filter cartridge)....does the open end of the filter face in toward the engine cases; or does the open end of the filter face the plug that the oil line attaches to?????

I have talked to a number of people and a few VOR dealers and it seems that the bikes have had filters installed both ways...

So...my question is ...what is the correct way to install the oil filter and or spring when changing oil filters????

your help is appreciated

thanks

:ride:

:thumbsup:

The hole in the end of the filter goes toward the centerline of the engine, then the spring and cap. If you put it in the other way you will block the oil pump discharge with the end of the filter.

Dean

just ordered my scotts filter anymore must have upgrades for the bike?

Does this apply to the 503 engine too? As I was told the hole should be facing out towards the spring/cap & the capped end goes in first!!!!

Have I been restricting oil flow all along?

The hole in the end of the filter goes toward the centerline of the engine, then the spring and cap. If you put it in the other way you will block the oil pump discharge with the end of the filter.

Dean