Sign in to follow this  

06 CRF450 Clutch Fiber Plates

Are the 2 outer friction plates different that the other 6? I took apart my clutch on my 06 and I cannot tell a difference visually. They are called out seperately on the microfische but have the same part number!??? What's the scoop?

The outer ones are supposedly slightly thicker but they do have different part numbers. Even though servicehonda no longer shows it I believe one is suppose to be MEB and the other MEN. When you buy the clutch "kit" from Honda they also separate those two plates from the others. On the back of the kit they do show different part numbers too.

Are the 2 outer friction plates different that the other 6? I took apart my clutch on my 06 and I cannot tell a difference visually. They are called out seperately on the microfische but have the same part number!??? What's the scoop?

well, the 04 and 05 have 6, 22201 men 670 , and 2, 22201 meb 670 ,

the different meb were supposed to go in first and last

the 02 03 06 use all 8, 22201 meb 670.

you can use any of them in either years and they all work,

the last two 06 clutch kits i got from honda all had the same part number plates,

the 04 or 05 had the two different numbered plates ,

when you get past the initial ft page of the fisch and get into the brake down it will show you that the 04 05 had the two different plates ,

the 02 03 06 all have the same plates

Ah, I see, thanks for the info. It's nice to have the experts right at your fingertips.

Just an FYI........the clutch plates/discs from my old '95 CR250 interchange with the CRF450.............just like the 450 tranny fit right into the CR250 cases without mods.

Just an FYI........the clutch plates/discs from my old '95 CR250 interchange with the CRF450.............just like the 450 tranny fit right into the CR250 cases without mods.

this is true, all the honda stuff is so cool because of this,

you can install the 6 speed trans out of the 86 trx in the crf if you should so desire ,

almost all the clutch components can work ! :thumbsup: