Sign in to follow this  

Colorado 500 Jettting

I have 06 wr 450 with all free mods done ais gytr kit installed . My stock jetting is as followed the needle has no markings on it in the 4th postion, 48 pilot and main 165 . no other mods done other than the small insert taking out of the silencer. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks !!

hey, can you help me also? o live in colorado springs. i just got my 06 450X i have the trail tech vapor computer installed with a tach. i have noticed that the bike runs poorly around 9k rpm from what i read the rev limiter isnt supposed to kick in till about 10K am i experiencing a fuel issue or a spark (cut off) issue?

my friends 250X seems to rev much higher and more smoothly. i know a big bore wont have the rpm's due to piston velocity but im suprised the cutoff is that low.

i also swapped out the main jet to a 135 from the stock 142 per the dealers service department's advice. from reading here it seems most run larger jets. the only thing i have done to my bike is pull the core out of the exhaust and opened the airbox a little (i didnt gut it completly)

i just ordered the JD jet kit tonight from TT.com hopefully that will solve any issues. but i am curious with stock carb and using the jets i have if there is any chance i have a rich/ lean condition thats causing my problems that a JD kit will fix.