Dent in exhaust

Does it affect performance much on a 4-stroke. I have one on my header just on the bend where it comes out of the engine. I know on two strokes its usually okay if it not within 10 inches of ex port. Any help would be great!

That's funny, this is my first post on the site and I was going to post the exact same thing. I dumped it a little while back and put a dent probably in the exact same spot on the header as yours. I rode it for the rest of that day and it didnt seem that bad, but I ordered a after market one today LOL

-Jimmy

You could try freezing it out, what you do is pour water in there and freeze it and it will or hopefully pop it out. Iv heard of people doing it. I dented my rm 125 when I wrecked trying to double a triple but didn't affect that much. But id ask the guys on here first they know more then me.

Anytime you alter the inside shape of a pipe, you change the exhaust pulse, which in the end affects performance. That is what makes aftermarket exhaust's perform so much better. With a dent, think of a mountain sticking up inside your pipe, and some of the flow being restricted.

Thanks for the replys. I couldn't believe I got a dent in it eithre. It appears to have been from a stone. Must have hit it hard it seems to be a strong pipe, glad I didn't get it in the leg LOL. I'll try the freezin thing and take some pics? Will filling it with compressed air and heating it work, works on the 2t but this pipe might be too strong. Can't say I notice a dip in performance but I would like to have it right.

yeah i got a dent from some gnar roost and i havent noticed a difference in preformance.. be carefull when you freze the water in the pipe.. if you fill it up too much you could cause it to crack

Hey guys. After 3 freezes still no sign of improvement. The big one might have a bit of sharpness gone out of it, thats all. I tried heating it straight out of the freezer to see if the sudden change in temp would do anything and I tried heating it and cooling it with water and no results! I'm gonna stay freezing it (as the dealer is doing my fork seals). Just thinkin if I could get some nitrogen it might be a sudden temp change quick enough to take it out, or would it be too sever. My bro might be able to get some for me. Any other ideas?