Sign in to follow this  

No sugar coating - Bad news on FCR carb availability

This was emailed to all customer that have a pending FCR carb on backorder with us just a little while ago. We want to make sure we're covering about bases:

Dear ThumperTalk customer,

I'm afraid we've received some rather disappointing and even more frustrating news on availability on Keihin FCR carbs today.

What our Keihin distributor (Sudco) was told (by Keihin) to be as a shipment of FCR carbs (from Japan) was in fact not FCR carbs but FCR carb parts.

Over the last week or so, working with the President of our distributor and the President of Keihin Fuel Systems in Wisconsin, in an effort to get the skinny on when we'd actually see FCR carbs, this problem was exposed.

We sincerely appreciate your extreme levels of patience and we apologize for passing along any bad information that we were provided by our distributor, originating from Keihin. We understand that you don't care who is at fault, you just want your carb. We couldn't agree more as we just want to sell you a carb.

We suspect that OEM demand for the carbs dictated how Keihin allocated the carbs and while understandable, leaving your distributor and finally your dealers to deal with the aftermath of mismanaged expectations is utterly unprofessional. Again, this is our best guess as to what really happened.

While we'd like to let the backorders ride, considering the circumstances, the best course of action is to cancel all backorders and to contact you when we have confirmation that carbs are physically in stock, ready for shipping.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we sincerely hope that you know that we did everything in our power to provide you with the best information available to us in and effort to complete your order as quickly as possible. Thanks for choosing ThumperTalk.

Sincerely,

Bryan Bosch

President/CEO

ThumperTalk, Inc.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com

1.866.6.SHOP.TT

This is why I am going to school for Supply Chain Managment... lots of lost orders = lots of money they COULD have made... Bryan, drop my name to Keihin, Sean Larabee... I will be graduating in 2 semsters :ride:

I can make sure something like this does not happen again! :thumbsup:

When do you plan on having carbs ready for sale? 1 month, 6 months a year???

Sean

You guys put a kit together that caused a massive influx of FCR39 purchases. Apparently no one was ready for the huge increase in demand of aftermarket FCR39 carbs.... :thumbsup:

Supply and demand right?

I know I speak for everyone when I say:

Bugger.

This is why I am going to school for Supply Chain Managment... lots of lost orders = lots of money they COULD have made... Bryan, drop my name to Keihin, Sean Larabee... I will be graduating in 2 semsters :ride:

I can make sure something like this does not happen again! :thumbsup:

Sean

Glad to hear you think you can change the world. Things do not always go as planned. I work in the automotive world and see promises made everyday on shipments and see people disappointed. Good luck with your career, but you cannot make sure something like this does not happen again.

There is a equilbrium between demand and supply set by the buyers and sellers. As demand goes up, price will also rise, in the short term. As sellers catch up (in the long term) the quanity produced will also rise, and if demand is still growing, price will too.

Good for them and bad for our wallets... So... if they raise the prices, we must all not buy. :thumbsup:

They have 6 of the carbs with a hotstart at about +$50-60. Still not nearly enough.

I was wondering about this as I hope to get a kickstart put in soon. How detrimimental is it to try kicking a hot drz motor (without a hot start)? Buddies I ride with (on Yami WRs) have an FCR carb with a hot start.

it doesnt have to be the MX version............

Are you saying the FCR 39 would be just as good

Also the difference between the 2 carbs is the choke,,am I correct ?

OR how could I tell the difference between the 2

I was wondering about this as I hope to get a kickstart put in soon. How detrimimental is it to try kicking a hot drz motor (without a hot start)? Buddies I ride with (on Yami WRs) have an FCR carb with a hot start.

I've noticed no significant change in difficulty to get her kicked over hot or cold - I wouldn't worry about it.

there are always "E" carbs on the ebay.

they should serve the purpose, eh?

I am putting my extra "E" carb up for sale after I get back this weekend, so at least one more will be available then

Are you saying the FCR 39 would be just as good

Also the difference between the 2 carbs is the choke,,am I correct ?

OR how could I tell the difference between the 2

no,either version is available with our with out the choke.

the difference is the style of carb.

the MX is the newest version of the fcr.the other is the old styl which is what comes on E models.

i prefer the MX as main acces on the bike is much easier.

Well that is a kick in the :thumbsup: If I knew this would happen I would never have bothered with the big bore.

My carb (that was) was ordered as a present to me, by my Son, who has just called to tell me the bad news :cry::ride:

So come on TT store, see if you can find a few carbs for us.

This was my only shot at getting an FCR, and now having done the Big Bore there is no way I am going to find the money, so it's all up to you guys.

If this does not pan out, I can see a DRZ going up for sale, particularly as I sold my Edelbrock to help pay for the big bore.

Neil.

:ride::ride::crazy:

T

the best course of action is to cancel all backorders and to contact you when we have confirmation that carbs are physically in stock, ready for shipping.

So did kiehin gave you an idea on when they think they will be shipping and... can you go directly through then?

Well that is a kick in the :thumbsup: If I knew this would happen I would never have bothered with the big bore.

My carb (that was) was ordered as a present to me, by my Son, who has just called to tell me the bad news :ride::ride:

So come on TT store, see if you can find a few carbs for us.

This was my only shot at getting an FCR, and now having done the Big Bore there is no way I am going to find the money, so it's all up to you guys.

If this does not pan out, I can see a DRZ going up for sale, particularly as I sold my Edelbrock to help pay for the big bore.

Neil.

:ride::ride::busted:

If we knew this would happen, we'd not have wasted the time assembling the kits. You are out a carb and we are out the time/money invested. :crazy:

But, if you read two posts above your last post Neil, you'll have an answer to your suggestion about seeing what else can be done. :cry:

So did kiehin gave you an idea on when they think they will be shipping and... can you go directly through then?

No info at all. Going direct has nothing to do with it as Keihin (direct) is the problem, not its distributor.

We're still working on avenues, so if there are carbs to be had, we'll find them. Too much time invested so far to give up so easily. But, no promises either.