Sign in to follow this  

moose handgaurd question

hey dont know if this is the right section for this but ill give it a shot...i just bought some moose aluminum hadgaurds along with the plastic sheild that goes on them...my question is, when you drill the hole to mount the plastic shield how do you get the screws to thread? :thumbsup:... aslo why did the plastic sheilds come with 4 screws? it looks like there are only 2 places to screw the sheild on

The screws will thread themselves. Drill the first two screws through the holes in the plastic deflectors, and then put the othe two somewhere else on the deflector to keep it from sliding.....put them wherever you want. I think the bast setup is one screw through the front part that wraps around the bark buster, and one on the opposite end of the deflector.

hey thanks for the reply just got them on today and they fit and work nice! id also say moose has really awesome customer service...i sent them an e-mail with the same ?'s and got a reply within 10 min...these gaurds look awesome and seem to be very sturdy! thanks moose!

Did you install the busters first? or did you mount the deflectors first? Just wanna know because I picked some up today and the deflectors were out of stock, and I wanna my guards up.