Sign in to follow this  

Time for new front brake pads, which ones??

Alright, my pads are just about toast on the front so I guess its time for new ones. In my 4 acre open backyard I can get the front brake to fade in about 10-15 minutes of fast riding, but when I go trail riding the brakes have never faded on me, only because I dont need them that much on the trail. I also feel that the brake des not have adequate stopping power for me, so I need pads that resist fade better, and offer better stopping power. On the rocky mountain website there are 2 companies that offer pads,(i have heard it is best to stay far away from the EBC brakes), Galfer Carbon, Galfer Sintered, and the Tusk Carbon, and Tusk sintered. Can anyone recommend any of these, or tell me the pros and cons of each type of pad??

Regardless of what anyone tells you OEM is the best there is for the front.

If you're having issues you need to change the fluid and bleed the line.

The rear, just about anything works.

I went with EBC "S" Pads front and rear, I can feel a huge improvement in braking power over the stockers. The "S" pads work great for the mix of rain to dry and everything inbetween that I get in the northern east coast, much longer wear as well.

Let us know what you went with.

I would highly suggest the Moose brake pads or DP brake pads. Both use sintered compounds but the Moose pads have double ceramics on the back to prevent brake fluid boiling. OEM are very good but I prefer the Moose or DP with the OEM coming in 3rd. I don't consider anything else.

IMO,

Dwight

40oz, all i could find were EBC "MXS" pads, are those the ones you are running, or am i just not able to find them?? Also, how much did you pay for them, how long have you been using them, and are they prone to brake fade