Sign in to follow this  

Breathing Problem

Well (finally) all the parts of my engine are back from the shop after rebore and head rebuild :thumbsup:

Cost me £750 in the end ($1350 ish) :crazy::ride::ride:

Don't want to start another MCCT panic but be warned :cry:

Had them put all new valves and retainers and order all the gaskets too so I guess it all adds up......

Anyhow, could someone please take a picture of their E cylinder to show the orientation of the breather pipe that comes out of the cam chain hole, apparently to get the old Nicosil plating off they acid dip the barrel and this eats anything not ally so they removed it before hand.

Also, any suggestions as to what I should use to fix it back in place - and please don't say JB weld cause I don't have a clue what it is although as I understand it, it holds a lot of peoples bikes together :ride: Don't even think you can buy it over here.

Thanks for any ideas.

Also had a breathing problem when I got the invoice!

sorry to hear about the damage-both cost damage and bike damage. The breather tube you're talking about (if I have correctly guessed-exits above the cam chain) points backwards quite straight to send the hose toward the breather box (black box beside airbox). I imagine it can be fixed into place with anything that will withstand oil-I would try red loctite. JB weld is metal reinforced epoxy. I am sure you can get something like it there, it was probably invented there for use in the aviation world in the 40's.

OK cool, thaks. Only epoxy main brand here I know of is Araldite, I'll check to see if they do a metal reinforced one.

I guess I can leave it till the barrel is in place then and just line it up with the pipe. Easy when you think about it :thumbsup:

Don't use epoxy. Locktite (or permatex can't remember now) have a green bearing and stud locker, that is what I used. That way it will stay but you can remove it later, epoxy is not as removable.

Colhogg, I know nothing about the pipe, but you can definately buy JB Weld over here. My old RM125 was made out of it. Any good motor factors (halfords unlikely) should carry it.

Cool, I think I've got some of the green Loctite, grabbed it from work when in a panic about the primary nut thing.

It's going back together Saturday so wish me luck!

was looking at my pipe today and noticed that it is straight up (I know, but how else can I say that?) as it comes out the top of the valve cover gasket. If it is turned at all it must be inside, but I think it is straight through, pushed in from one end or the other (the end that fits the hose points outward, if both ends fit, then either end will do).

was looking at my pipe today and noticed that it is straight up (I know, but how else can I say that?) as it comes out the top of the valve cover gasket. If it is turned at all it must be inside, but I think it is straight through, pushed in from one end or the other (the end that fits the hose points outward, if both ends fit, then either end will do).

Thats crystal clear then! :thumbsup:

I think like you said, just put it together so the pipe reaches.