Sign in to follow this  

Weird question...

So road last Sunday. Just did baby fire roads.

Got together with group that included Zekedawg and wife, Carrie. (It's awesome having another girl in the mix!!)

Rode a lot longer than I normally do, about 3.5 to 4 hours. Never fell, but dropped the bike MANY times.

So not really that EXHAUSTED as nothing I did was particularly challenging.

I COULD NOT fall asleep that night. Every time I'd drift off, I'd dream I was on the bike. And then right before I'd fall asleep, I'd dream I FELL (with the accompanying falling feeling)!!! Then I'd jerk myself awake again and have a nice little adrenaline rush...

WHAT the heck causes THAT??? Does that happen to anybody else??

Yea... I do that a lot. When your mind has had a really active day, and you've been used to using your reflexes, it's still very alive and takes a while to shut down. So you're mind will still be consumed with the fact that you've been riding all day and causing you to have reactions to the events that occure in your dream. Make sense?

Basically, your mind is asleep enough to dream and not know it's really a dream, but active enough to cause reflexes.

I hate it because if I'm napping with a girlfriend and I've been riding all day, I twitch, a LOT. Bugs the crap outta me...

I have had the same experience. It was a hard ride for me though -lots of uphills, downhills, rocks, ruts and mud. We rode about 4-5 hours. That night everytime I closed my eyes to go to sleep, all I could see was the next turn, I was trying to pick a clean line, etc. FINALLY I fell asleep, only to keep waking up to me falling. It was a long night.

Hmmmm, actually that makes a lot of sense.

When my husband goes riding all day (and I mean ALL day) I cannot sleep with him that night because he's really ACTIVE in his sleep (if you know what I mean :thumbsup: j/king).

Anyway, it made me think about people who've been in a tramatic car wreck or similar accident. What the heck do they do???

Hmmmm, actually that makes a lot of sense.

When my husband goes riding all day (and I mean ALL day) I cannot sleep with him that night because he's really ACTIVE in his sleep (if you know what I mean :thumbsup: j/king).

Anyway, it made me think about people who've been in a tramatic car wreck or similar accident. What the heck do they do???

That's why that is such a big deal to people in such situations or that have been in wars. Such life altering things can consume their minds and when they dream it re-occurs, then they'll wake up with somewhat of a panic attack.

Yea... I'm single now but when I'd nap with my girlfriend (which I pretty much loved doing more than anything) she'd always be like "You keep twitching... stop." So I always felt bad. Not to mention the times that I'd be pinning it through a rut and kick out my inside leg (in my dream that is).

I used to get that a lot when I learned to ski. The nights after a good day skiing, my legs would twitch.

Never can remember having that feeling on a bike though.

The worst dreams I can remember are ones where you are looking for something, wake up and go looking for the thing you are dreaming about.

I used to get that a lot when I learned to ski. The nights after a good day skiing, my legs would twitch.

Never can remember having that feeling on a bike though.

The worst dreams I can remember are ones where you are looking for something, wake up and go looking for the thing you are dreaming about.

Nah... the worst dreams are the ones of good times, memories, and people that are a part of the past and you wake up wishing it was the present.