Sign in to follow this  

Need help!

I took on some water this weekend :thumbsup: . I pulled the plug. I changed the oil and filter. Now the bike won't start :ride: . I have spark, compression, and fuel . Please advise.

Did you clean out the carb?

Did you lift the bike up on the back wheel so that the water could flow out of the exhaust pipe?

Did you flip the bike upside down with the plug out so that the water could flow out?

What kind of bike is it?

Flipped it up and drained the water and it fired right off. Last time this happened I did that right away and didn't even think about it this time. The oil was foamy when i checked it after I shut it off. Needs to be changed again.?

Clean the carb out, ie strip it down & clean possibility that a jet is blocked.

I changed oil and filter again and idled for a few minutes and checked oil and still foamy .

Go buy some cheap oil, just run it through the engine, drain it, run it through, drain it, etc...you have to keep flushing it out until it clears up.

Good Luck. :thumbsup:

Do I have to keep changing the filter?

No, as long as you're just flushing it. When it finally clears up you should though.

barch, offtopic but geez you post alot, your profile says 15 posts a day.... thats crazy.... kinda cool that you know all that stuff.